Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:50 Shades isn't trash.

- Rifa logic
Twilight isn't trash either.

Can I still be cool if I admit that this was trash and I enjoyed it?

With that logic, RIFA must really enjoy all the terrible pop hits that flood the radio in the last 20 years. Popularity is easy when you market it properly. And a lot of people don't want to use their brain, which is another reason why franchises like Transformers keep going and why some random chick using auto tune in a studio can get a shitload of people to buy their new LP. Or some new rapper who can't write 4 bars to save their life can make millions. It's a mix of stupid people buying what's fed to them AND genuinely good marketing.

Of course with movies you also have directors, actors, characters that are already known...and that helps. Transformers is the perfect example of trash. You can sell it nowadays even if you changed the individual transformers and put a no name actor in the lead and it will sell like hot cakes.

Sandy wrote:Can I still be cool if I admit that this was trash and I enjoyed it?
Lol yeah. I'm the same way. I had a lot of fun and I liked the movie, but it's still trash.

ArmandFancypants wrote: Insane.

The argument that there must be sustenance and merit in something by virtue of it being popular is genuinely wild and is almost a complete abdication from the need for critical thought or appraisal. Either that or you are saying that everything that touches the zeitgeist is calculated and there is absolutely no luck or chance at play in the entertainment industry, which means that basically everyone in that industry is by default almost a Machiavellian genius.
More insanse is the fact that this makes no sense since nobody said any of the things you implied. There's always a chance of anything to happen. This is like saying "the grass is green",

wouldnt it save everyone time and energy to just go into these movies with a bit of, i dunno, SKEPTICISM?

It would. Then again... it's cool to be hyped. I mean fuck it. It's cool to get wasted. Same shit. :?

http://variety.com/2016/film/box-office ... 201832235/
Like I said, Berg and Geoff were bumped to a higher status mid-SS production, so course correction started with WW and JL. Which, again, shows that WB doesn't look at BvS' nearly 900 mil. theatrical and now this massive almost 300 mil. opening and say fuck it, do whatever. They are coming to realization that Marvel 'formula' works for a reason and that is why I am more optimistic about 2017.

Wish I had buddies like that, couple of beers and cool talk. All of my buddies (total casuals) are completely disconnected from movies after seeing them. If I criticize they say 'I ruin the fun', so I mostly stick to discussing with bros and people online.