Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
LelekPL wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:Predicting a box office flop
No way. BvS didn't flop, this won't either... unfortunately. Which is horrible to say, I admit. I'm never a guy who roots against films. But...

I'm starting to think, that would be for the better. If BvS had been a financial catastrophy, Snyder would have been fired. And possibly they would have made a HARD reboot with a much better creative team behind it. It would have been a failure for WB, they would have been the laughing stock of the internet... BUT at least there would have been something to look forward to. And now... this is going to be a Transformers level franchise - it makes enough money to keep going but the quality is terrible.

You raise a good point. The Justice League trailer swayed me in terms of tone and faith, but before that I can't say I was a fan of anything related to Zack Snyder's vision of the DCEU.

If B&R wasn't such a turdfest, we would have gotten another mediocre sequel with Clooney and Schumacher instead of Batman Begins.

The worst part of BvS is that even though it underperformed, it still did well enough to justify bringing Snyder back and they have no choice but to see this vision all the way through. That's the absolute worst position to be in. At least Sony got a bit smart and worked out a deal with Marvel to get Spidey back to his roots. This is going to be a chain of DCEU films that won't stop until 2020.
Law wrote:So what was the point of Batman in this?
I wonder the same.
Just one scene to show how Harley got locked up.
If anything, Affleck's Batman gets dragged into this mess, again.

LelekPL wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:Predicting a box office flop
No way. BvS didn't flop, this won't either... unfortunately. Which is horrible to say, I admit. I'm never a guy who roots against films. But...

I'm starting to think, that would be for the better. If BvS had been a financial catastrophy, Snyder would have been fired. And possibly they would have made a HARD reboot with a much better creative team behind it. It would have been a failure for WB, they would have been the laughing stock of the internet... BUT at least there would have been something to look forward to. And now... this is going to be a Transformers level franchise - it makes enough money to keep going but the quality is terrible.
It depends what you call a flop, the film with Batman in it should have easily made over a Billion dollars in the age of superhero movies. Did it make a profit? Yes but it was projected to make a lot more in the long run before its release.

I could easily see this also having a strong opening weekend and then only doing about double what the opening weekend does like BvS did (domestically).

They really really really really need to reboot this shit. They've made 3 films already and haven't even made a quality dent in the universe for the better. Would anyone bet against me that there won't be a freshly reviewed DCEU film to come out unless they reboot?

And speaking of reboots - people in other places are suggesting they maybe for JL2 do a version of what DC are doing in the comics with Rebirth to soft reboot everything
which is basically - everyone vs Dr Manhattan
Someone even suggested to throw the CWverse people in there because why not. Then move forward from that.

antovolk wrote:

And speaking of reboots - people in other places are suggesting they maybe for JL2 do a version of what DC are doing in the comics with Rebirth to soft reboot everything
which is basically - everyone vs Dr Manhattan
Someone even suggested to throw the CWverse people in there because why not. Then move forward from that.
A part of me doesn't want to believe the guy in the video simply because he looks and sounds annoying as f***

antovolk wrote:
lol

So now it's a Rotten Tomatoes competition to see which comes first: a Marvel film with a rotten rating or a DC film with a fresh rating.

Lowest Marvel movie score is Thor: The Dark World with 66% and the highest DC score is Man of Steel at 55%.

If you include Top Critics technically Dark World already has that one.

Well I look forward to our healthy discussions on NF in the coming days when we all see this

SilverHeart wrote:If you include Top Critics technically Dark World already has that one.
I include all critics, not simply the elitists.