Suicide Squad (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dobson wrote:Now let's start to pretend Wonder Woman will be better only to find ourselves disappointed when reviews come in and then start that cycle all over again for Justice League.
I already see people bitching about Steve Trevor being in it because Wonder Woman is supposed to be strong and independent and not have a love interest. Ugh

Dobson wrote:Now let's start to pretend Wonder Woman will be better only to find ourselves disappointed when reviews come in and then start that cycle all over again for Justice League.
That sounds familiar:

darthnazgul wrote:
didich wrote:I'm starting to think the DCEU isn't the victim of a conspiracy. It's the victim of curse.
Wait, you mean you actually believed the conspiracy?
No. I just feel sorry for the guys actually putting effort in it. I should have phrased my comment differently - Something along the lines "I'm starting to think that, while clearly not the victim of a conspiracy, the DCEU may be suffering a curse".

didich wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:
didich wrote:I'm starting to think the DCEU isn't the victim of a conspiracy. It's the victim of curse.
Wait, you mean you actually believed the conspiracy?
No. I just feel sorry for the guys actually putting effort in it. I should have phrased my comment differently - Something along the lines "I'm starting to think that, while clearly not the victim of a conspiracy, the DCEU may be suffering a curse".
Ah right. I'd say it probably is.

akv1984 wrote:
At the same time though, Marvel films that are boring and generic as fuck get good reviews like Ant Man and GoTG.
Probably because, despite being conventional, they exude a ton of great film craft and storytelling ability... something DC has yet to do in it's universe.

Crazy Eight wrote:
akv1984 wrote:
At the same time though, Marvel films that are boring and generic as fuck get good reviews like Ant Man and GoTG.
Probably because, despite being conventional, they exude a ton of great film craft and storytelling ability... something DC has yet to do in it's universe.

DCEU off to a smashing start

and of course, there are these people lashing out hilariously

:lol:

slevin_77 wrote:Image
This was posted in moviescirclejerk, where they make fun of people who post on /r/movies.

This post was literally making fun of DCEU fans who were going apesh*t on /r/movies and /r/DC_Cinematic.

For those who don't keep up on Reddit.

I do agree that MCU does take great care in their stories and in crafting a world. No qualms about that. But I do feel that sometimes their films can be forgettable and are just bland sometimes.

While I do like MoS and BvS, I also like Nolan's trilogy still and it's unfair that people are ripping apart Nolan's trilogy now because DCEU films haven't been doing so well with critics.

cchriswake wrote:
slevin_77 wrote:Image
This was posted in moviescirclejerk, where they make fun of people who post on /r/movies.

This post was literally making fun of DCEU fans who were going apesh*t on /r/movies and /r/DC_Cinematic.

For those who don't keep up on Reddit.
Posting facts isn't allowed here.