Justice League (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well, Tomas Alfredson fucked up The Snowman, so...

Vader182 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 7:39 pm
i suppose that depends entirely on how you feel about batman v superman, which i already find borderline unwatchable, and if it's -worse- than BVS, then i'm sure that issue intensifies.

-Vader
That explains it. I actually loved BvS, so if JL continued on the same path I would’ve been satisfied. But it seems like WB wanted to move away from BvS as much as possible.

Reports about him stepping down came like seven months after they wrapped shooting (and six months before the relase). At that point it would have been very close to being completely done. So the stuff that came out last year about how WB found it unwatchable kind of seems plausible. Why else would they have Whedon come in?

Considering how they refused to push back the release date and rather went with Cavill's shitty face and expensive reshoots over just finishing Snyder's version, it was probably pretty terrible in their eyes.

But somehow I just can't see it being worse than the theatrical cut. I hated BvS but loved MoS btw

Unwatchable is such a vague thing to say and I can’t really go with what executives say. If it was up to the suits, a lot of brilliant films would be tinkered with to be more appealing to audiences. Whatever that means add more jokes or actions scenes or changing the entire acts.

What sucks about Justice League is that it disappointed fans of MoS and BvS by trying to deviate from them but also failed to attract new audiences. I think even if the Snyder cut was released initially it would’ve still bombed because I don’t think much people cared about it. Maybe word of mouth would have helped a little assuming the cut is indeed better and it would’ve at least satisfied the already established fanbase.

I think I might have high tolerance for ‘bad’ films (except for Justice League - the lows are just way too low to be ignored). So maybe I’ll check out The Snowman to see just how bad it is to receive a 7% RT rating :lol:

My honest guess on why WB stepped in is because Snyder's DC Universe was not as expansive as they wanted. There were many rumors like the league died or there was an evil Superman, so WB might have looked at this and decided (very late too.. Maybe they were waiting for the right moment, as disgusting as it sounds) that they need to soften the shit out of the movie by making it to a foundation where anything is plausible for all characters in their next movie(s).

I just find it odd to call the SC bad if Momoa, Affleck, Fisher, and Affleck are all going to bat for this one, especially since they all have something to lose with either WB and/or DC.

AhmadAli95 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:10 pm
So maybe I’ll check out The Snowman to see just how bad it is to receive a 7% RT rating :lol:
Funnily enough The Snowman is probably the worst movie I've seen in theaters since Sucker Punch :P

Sanchez wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:30 pm
Funnily enough The Snowman is probably the worst movie I've seen in theaters since Sucker Punch :P
ROFL! Haven’t seen that one either :lol:

4N Legend wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 8:28 pm
I just find it odd to call the SC bad if Momoa, Affleck, Fisher, and Affleck are all going to bat for this one, especially since they all have something to lose with either WB and/or DC.
or, the more likely explanation, they are loyal and loving to a guy who is by all accounts unbelievably nice and helped launch the careers of some of these people.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 9:16 pm
4N Legend wrote:
or, the more likely explanation, they are loyal and loving to a guy who is by all accounts unbelievably nice and helped launch the careers of some of these people.

-Vader
Yep, also a valid explanation

Vader182 wrote:
November 21st, 2019, 9:16 pm
4N Legend wrote:

-Vader
Yep. Gal Gadot have said she almost quit acting before BvS, because she was tired of being rejected and now she owns this big franchise. Same thing for Jason Momoa, who also has this big character now. It's just really nice to see those guys being loyal and loving to each other. Zack Snyder lost his daughter while filming Justice League, so I can imagine this also reinforced their friendship and love for the guy.