David Lynch's Twin Peaks

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

‘Twin Peaks’: Ana De La Reguera & Hugh Dillon Join Showtime Revival
I have learned that Ana de la Reguera (Narcos) and Hugh Dillon (The Killing) are among the latest actors to quietly book arcs on the upcoming new installment of David Lynch’s groundbreaking 1990 supernatural mystery series Twin Peaks.

They join Kyle MacLachlan, who is reprising his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper from the original series. New cast additions for the new season, set for an early 2017 premiere, are also believed to include Naomi Watts, Laura Dern, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Amanda Seyfried, Ashley Judd, Jessica Szohr, Robert Forster, Tom Sizemore, Balthazar Getty, Patrick Fischler, David Dastmalchian, Bailey Chase, Grant Goodeve, Larry Clarke and Caleb Landry Jones.

Lynch is directing the new Twin Peaks from a script he co-wrote with fellow co-creator Mark Frost.

Showtime Considering Alternative Release Strategy For Twin Peaks, Possibly Movie Theater Screenings
In an exclusive conversation with Bloomberg, Showtime’s CEO David Nevins describes David Lynch as a genius and an incredibly efficient director who is now working with many longtime collaborators on something that’s going to be “really special television” which calls for a unique approach.

No, you won't be able to binge-watch Twin Peaks in its entirety on the premiere day. Nevins doesn’t believe that Netflix’s all-at-once release strategy would work for them, but he admits to considering other options for Twin Peaks than the network’s standard weekly release format.

There is a great value in having the conversation sustained over the course of a couple of months. When we put Twin Peaks out, maybe it’ll be fun not to do just once a week, but to do it in a different way. Who knows. Something I will talk about with David Lynch. There is all sorts of possibilities, but the idea of just throwing it out, having a week or two of buzz, and then having it die down, I don’t think that makes sense for us.

But Showtime's willingness to break out of its mold for Twin Peaks does not stop there. Commenting on the increasingly blurry line between TV and film, David Nevins projects a guaranteed interest from movie theaters to screen the new Twin Peaks as an “out-of-home collective experience.” If that’s going to be the case, I have a feeling massive, massive quantities of pie and coffee will be involved.

Sounds interesting. I can't wait.

I don't really trust this guy but he has been reliable with Twin Peaks so far and since filming wraps up in roughly two weeks from now, this could be legit.

Panapaok wrote:I don't really trust this guy but he has been reliable with Twin Peaks so far and since filming wraps up in roughly two weeks from now, this could be legit.
That would be great.

Also sizzling is The Secret History of Twin Peaks (Flatiron, October), a novel by Mark Frost, the co-creator of the landmark television series. The book places the unexplained phenomena that unfolded in Twin Peaks in a layered, wide-ranging history, beginning with the journals of Lewis and Clark and ending with the shocking events that closed the finale.
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-t ... -fair.html

More recently, another community has been calling to Frost, the one he and Lynch invented: Twin Peaks. People who watched the original show still recall it vividly and it has won new fans over the years via rentals, cable reruns and Netflix streaming. Meanwhile, cable television evolved to the point where it offers a vastly more hospitable environment for them than the broadcast television back in the early 1990s. Eventually it occurred to them that it was time to have another go at it.

It took more than two decades, but TV culture finally caught up with “Twin Peaks.”

“David and I always stayed in touch. We suddenly looked and realized that it’s back in the zeitgeist.”

They devoted approximately four years to writing one long script, which Lynch is now filming, with himself and Frost as co-executive producers (and with Naomi Watts reportedly among the new cast members, although Frost would not confirm this). When this epic movie is in the can, it will be carved up into multiple episodes, the exact number of which has not yet been determined.

“It’s not a reboot,” Frost says. “It’s the story in continuity.”

Currently, Frost is writing a companion novel, “The Secret History of Twin Peaks.”

“I’ve just finished the first draft. It goes back to the 18th century and weaves the tangled, mysterious history of the town, its people and the region, up through and including the events of the old series.”

He expects to publish the novel this fall, ahead of the new series premiere early in 2017.
http://theojai.net/wp-content/themes/st ... -right.pdf

Sherilyn was filming these days on location in Silver Lake, LA.