David Lynch's Twin Peaks

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Selfish me wants this in 2016 though. :(

Good things come to those who wait. We'll taste that sweet cherry pie, eventually. ;)

Panapaok wrote:Good things come to those who wait. We'll taste that sweet cherry pie, eventually. ;)
Mmhm.

Bailey Chase Joins Twin Peaks
Longmire alum Bailey Chase has lined up two recurring roles. On David Lynch’s upcoming Twin Peaks follow-up series for Showtime and on NBC’s supernatural cop drama Grimm.

On Twin Peaks, whose cast officially is being kept under wraps except for returning star Kyle MacLachlan, Chase is joining fellow new cast additions Jennifer Jason Leigh, Robert Forster, Robert Knepper, Balthazar Getty and Amanda Seyfried, among others.

Twin Peaks Worldwide
Friend of the page Tyler was at the Living Dead Convention in Portland, Oregon over the weekend. Dana Ashbrook and James Marshall were there and did a Q&A.

One interesting tidbit Dana dropped was how long the revival has been in the works. According to him, David and Mark would write for a year, discuss what had been written for 6 months, then write again cyclically. He also saw (but wasn't allowed to read) the complete script, which he described as an absurdly thick tome.

Dana also mentioned that besides Snoqualmie, they would be filming all over, "different cities, different states, even different countries."

Good times a coming. Personally I can't wait to hear the new music attached to this revival. I've been re-addicted lately to the sounds of the original series and FWWM. Can't stop watching and listening.

Dana Ashbrook And James Marshall Reveal What They Can About The New Twin Peaks
Last weekend at Portland, Oregon’s Living Dead Horror Con, Dana Ashbrook (Bobby Briggs) and James Marshall (James Hurley) talked Twin Peaks. Old… and new!

Bound by multiple nondisclosure agreements regarding the new series, both actors do reveal to be “in it.” Dana, who hasn’t read the script but describes it as being giant, asked Mark Frost about the writing process and apparently, David Lynch and Mark started off by talking about the new story for six months, then wrote for a year, went back to talking for half a year and finally completed in another half year. Production will take a total of 7 months, according to Dana, followed by an entire year of post. The actor adds there’s “a looooot of people” involved, including many original crew members that came out of retirement specifically to do the show, and “it’s gonna be good.”

“I didn’t think it would be relevant to go back in there,” Dana explains when asked if he rewatched the original series before returning to it 25 years later. He does admit it was tricky just getting back into that world, at which point James jokingly teases him, “You’re not gonna tell them about the fat suit?”

When asked who their favorite character to film a new scene with would be, Dana opts for Gordon Cole, while James favors Peggy Lipton, who was “pretty much first crush” since her Mod Squad days.

The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks, Novel by Mark Frost Due In 2016
The release of The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks has been pushed back to 2016. The expected yet still flexible on-sale date is 10/18/2016.
Just in case you missed it:
In another surprise move by one half of the show’s creators, Mark Frost announced that he has been working on a Twin Peaks novel called The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks that reveals “what happened to the people of that iconic fictional town since we last saw them 25 years ago.” The book also offers “a deeper glimpse into the central mystery that was only touched on by the original series.”

“This has long been a dream project of mine that will bring a whole other aspect of the world of Twin Peaks to life, for old fans and new. I couldn’t be more thrilled.” — Mark Frost

The book, published by Flatiron Books, will go on sale in 2016, before the new Twin Peaks episodes on Showtime in, assumably, 2017. The Secret Lives of Twin Peaks has also been picked up worldwide.

A message from Lynch from the set of Twin Peaks for a benefit concert of the DL Foundation. It's irrelevant with the show but the setting and the weather are very interesting for sure.