Shazam! (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
m4st4 wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 12:16 pm
Showed this to bros and they couldn’t even finish the damn thing.

Midpoint in the trailer, was that a Fortnite dance? ...a Fortnite dance.
They're just like trying to be hip, man

I don't think I'd give them too much flack for that dance. This is literally a movie for kids and kids do that stuff.

It's not a movie that I would like but if kids like it and want to start reading the comics, then it did it's job.

Not related to my post but I got downvoted on /r/DC_cinematic for saying that Shazam is for kids. :lol:

My only problem is that with comedy like that you will make your film EXTREMELY dated once we all forget about Fortnite or other fucking memes. Although, I have to say, I couldn't watch the trailer right now either, let alone watching the film years from now.

It doesn't have to end up being dated by including things like that. If it ends up being a good film those things will make it of this day, so temporary, not immediately dated.

Artemis wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 12:33 pm
I don't think I'd give them too much flack for that dance. This is literally a movie for kids and kids do that stuff.

It's not a movie that I would like but if kids like it and want to start reading the comics, then it did it's job.

Not related to my post but I got downvoted on /r/DC_cinematic for saying that Shazam is for kids. :lol:
Literally every mainstream comic book is rated T for teens, that’s not the point. Kids these days, they know better, they deserve better. Even the Fortnite crowd would rather watch Infinity War and Deadpool than this and you can quote me on that when the opening weekend numbers arrive.

m4st4 wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 1:22 pm
Artemis wrote:
July 23rd, 2018, 12:33 pm

Literally every mainstream comic book is rated T for teens, that’s not the point. Kids these days, they know better, they deserve better. Even the Fortnite crowd would rather watch Infinity War and Deadpool than this and you can quote me on that when the opening weekend numbers arrive.
Is Shazam going after the teenage crowd? It looks like its more for elementary and middle schoolers.

I don't think they know the difference between good and bad movies.

m4st4 wrote:
Showed this to bros and they couldn’t even finish the damn thing.

It’s the backpack kid dance

m4st4 wrote:
Um... It's the floss dance. Originated from Instagram, not from Fortnite.

At the very least, the score is something to look forward to. Wallfisch is doing pretty great.

Numbers wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 12:42 am
m4st4 wrote:
Um... It's the floss dance. Originated from Instagram, not from Fortnite.
Ugh, I don’t even want to google that, but thanks. :lol: