Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
oracle86 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Likely it's to move from the Disney one, as well as time for post while letting Serkis do Black Panther.
More like letting him do the next Apes installment.
I think post production work takes a lot of the cake, might be similar to Avatar's two year schedule. He can do Apes in two-three months easily, animators do the rest.

Pity we have to wait longer... I really like the sound of those great actors in mo-cap suits :P But isn't this going to be an all CG film then, like Favreau's?

Favreau Rises

jcvargas09 wrote:Favreau Rises
To subterranean cavern levels? Agreed.

Freida Pinto Swings Into Andy Serkis’ ‘Jungle Book: Origins’ At Warner Bros
In a reteam of sorts, I hear that Freida Pinto is joining the Andy Serkis-directed Jungle Book: Origins at Warner Bros. She’s lined up to play one of the live-action roles opposite Matthew Rhys and Rohan Chand in the hybrid motion-capture pic that’s based on the Rudyard Kipling classic.

Slumdog breakout Pinto was in 2011’s Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes with Serkis who is directing Jungle Book from a script by Callie Kloves. He’s also producing with Steve Kloves and Jonathan Cavendish. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, and Benedict Cumberbatch feature in the voice cast.

This take on the tale of an orphaned boy raised by animals in the wilderness is slated for an October 2016 release. It’s not to be confused with the Disney project that has Jon Favreau directing.

I really need a pic of Bale and Blanchett in mo-cap suits asap

Panapaok wrote:Freida Pinto Swings Into Andy Serkis’ ‘Jungle Book: Origins’ At Warner Bros
In a reteam of sorts, I hear that Freida Pinto is joining the Andy Serkis-directed Jungle Book: Origins at Warner Bros. She’s lined up to play one of the live-action roles opposite Matthew Rhys and Rohan Chand in the hybrid motion-capture pic that’s based on the Rudyard Kipling classic.

Slumdog breakout Pinto was in 2011’s Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes with Serkis who is directing Jungle Book from a script by Callie Kloves. He’s also producing with Steve Kloves and Jonathan Cavendish. Christian Bale, Cate Blanchett, and Benedict Cumberbatch feature in the voice cast.

This take on the tale of an orphaned boy raised by animals in the wilderness is slated for an October 2016 release. It’s not to be confused with the Disney project that has Jon Favreau directing.
Meh

I thought this was pushed back to 2017.

Moved to October 19, 2018.

:facepalm: