Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 54317
Joined: May 2010
OMG I literally can't pick my favorites for some characters. But why are they doing two adaptations? Reminds me of the case of two aviators. And is Bale going full mo-cap? Holy shit. Serkis' Baloo is a dream come true.

Posts: 3169
Joined: March 2011
Nomis1700 wrote: Besides, are they only voicing them or will they use some mo-cap?
I was wondering the same thing too. I thought it was only voice work for all of them except for Serkis who's doing mo-cap for Baloo.

Posts: 19342
Joined: June 2012
TalkOnCorners wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote: Besides, are they only voicing them or will they use some mo-cap?
I was wondering the same thing too. I thought it was only voice work for al of them except for Serkis who's doing mo-cap for Baloo.
Would be weird if he would be the only one… Just saw an interview on ign, there it wasn't yet known he was going to play a character and he says they use mo-cap… I hope so at least.

Posts: 16715
Joined: March 2012
Given Serkis' love of motion capture I'm guessing they'll all be mocap.

Posts: 3169
Joined: March 2011
Nomis1700 wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote: Besides, are they only voicing them or will they use some mo-cap?
I was wondering the same thing too. I thought it was only voice work for al of them except for Serkis who's doing mo-cap for Baloo.
Would be weird if he would be the only one… Just saw an interview on ign, there it wasn't yet known he was going to play a character and he says they use mo-cap… I hope so at least.
SilverHeart wrote:Given Serkis' love of motion capture I'm guessing they'll all be mocap.
I'm all for them doing mo-cap for all the characters as well. Let's hope that's really the case. :thumb up:

Posts: 13476
Joined: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Mo-cap for animals? Benedict Cumberbatch and Christian Bale on all fours? Image

I think only Baloo will be mo-capped.

Posts: 3169
Joined: March 2011
Pratham wrote:Mo-cap for animals? Benedict Cumberbatch and Christian Bale on all fours? Image
Don't forget Blanchett slithering... :D

Posts: 54317
Joined: May 2010
Cumberbatch mo-capped for Smaug so why wouldn't they for all these animals, after all Serkis didn't just cast them to do the voice job. Some sites are reporting this like a regular Disney animation gig. Facepalm.

And to think that Serkis went from a mo-cap nutjob to a full time directing gig and assembling such glorious cast, that needs to be applauded and talked about.

Posts: 3855
Joined: June 2010
Filming has already begun:
Meanwhile, Cumberbatch has been wearing a bodysuit covered with motion sensors to play and provide the voice of tiger Shere Khan in Andy Serkis’s film Jungle Book: Origins.
source

Monicabbm wrote:
Jungle Book: Origins.
eww

Post Reply