Mad Max: The Wasteland (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Well, I think Fury Road took place before Thunderdome, so I would imagine Wasteland would be more about Max's character, but who knows. I have read that Miller has written a lot in the past few years, so we shall see. Not sure if money would be a major problem... I would think timing would be more of an issue. As far as Charlize coming back...not sure, but we will see:-)

Fury Road wasn't essentially a reboot?

Cilogy wrote:Fury Road wasn't essentially a reboot?
In a way yeah, it certainly felt like one. And if we're going to talk timelines I thought it was set sometimes after Thunderdome cause the world felt degraded even more so... not sure though. I'd call it a soft sequel/reboot.

QueenofHearts wrote:Well, I think Fury Road took place before Thunderdome, so I would imagine Wasteland would be more about Max's character, but who knows. I have read that Miller has written a lot in the past few years, so we shall see. Not sure if money would be a major problem... I would think timing would be more of an issue. As far as Charlize coming back...not sure, but we will see:-)
Off topic

You forgot your password?

Pratham wrote:
QueenofHearts wrote:Well, I think Fury Road took place before Thunderdome, so I would imagine Wasteland would be more about Max's character, but who knows. I have read that Miller has written a lot in the past few years, so we shall see. Not sure if money would be a major problem... I would think timing would be more of an issue. As far as Charlize coming back...not sure, but we will see:-)
Off topic

You forgot your password?
who is it?

I've been racking my brain for the last 10 minutes and I've got nothing

lel

m4st4 wrote:
In a way yeah, it certainly felt like one. And if we're going to talk timelines I thought it was set sometimes after Thunderdome cause the world felt degraded even more so... not sure though. I'd call it a soft sequel/reboot.
It could fit after any of the original three films, TBH.

It's like a Dalton-reboot, insofar as you still have the history of the murdered family.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
It could fit after any of the original three films, TBH.

It's like a Dalton-reboot, insofar as you still have the history of the murdered family.
Gotcha.

I heard Fury Road is after Road Warrior and before Thunderdome.

that's my take on the Mad Max movies (except the first one) - the quotes are not my words obviously, just some random comments from the www
... an interesting theory: that neither the three original Mel Gibson films nor Fury Road should be taken as a linear chronology with strict continuity from one to the next. Rather, they are a loosely related set of stories about the same quasi-mythological character, filtered through different people's memories.
Other than the original Mad Max (which is a pretty straightforward revenge story), I've always read the films as a series of tall tales and legends passed through the Wasteland. These events may or may not have happened as they are told, and may not even involve the same person - but they have all been accredited to this mythical Mad Max, The Road Warrior and saviour of the Wasteland.