Kong: Skull Island (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The question is, will the audience love it or not? Jackson's Kong was a critic's darling, but while in theaters the film didn't attract the moviegoers as much as it needed to. Only later on in its home market performance it managed to make up for it and indeed did a massive job. This is projected to do half as much as that version (Which made 220 mil, adjusted it will be 290 mil) in NA box office.£

Allstar wrote:
TomsWindow wrote:Plus I'm confident that critics will share my opinion on this. I predict 25-35% on RT.
Well you couldn't have been more wrong. All reviews quite positive thus far. The only "critic" that agrees with you is Chris Stuckmann. :lol:
Sure, it currently has an 80%, but the average rating from critics is 6.1/10, so even most of the critics that technically gave it positive reviews only mildly liked it. Still, this is guaranteed to drop, although it is doing better than I thought.

Yeah, it started out better but still it's doing decent, you just made it out like it was Suicide Squad 2.0.

Allstar wrote:Yeah, it started out better but still it's doing decent, you just made it out like it was Suicide Squad 2.0.
As far as I'm concerned, it kinda was. Although Kong at least had more than one decent action sequence unlike SS, so it was better in that respect. But everything else was pretty much on the same level of mediocrity in my opinion.

TomsWindow wrote:
Allstar wrote:Yeah, it started out better but still it's doing decent, you just made it out like it was Suicide Squad 2.0.
As far as I'm concerned, it kinda was. Although Kong at least had more than one decent action sequence unlike SS, so it was better in that respect. But everything else was pretty much on the same level of mediocrity in my opinion.
Ugh don't say Suicide Squad was mediocre, it was terrible in every sense of the word.

Personally I'm not one for creature features. I wasn't fond of Godzilla 2014 or Pacific Rim, but this gave me a real good time. I saw it last night and had an ultimate ball. It was the perfect turn your brain off blockbuster I've seen in a loooong time.

Let's just say 2005 King Kong don't have **** on 2017 King kong

What I like about this film is right off the bat it expresses whole heartedly that this is a 100% new reimagining of King Kong. “What 1930s? There’s no 1930s film,” The film takes place in the time span between 1944 and 1973 during WWII and the Vietnam War. It’s like director Jordan Vogt-Roberts just saw Peter Jackson’s version and threw it in the trash like.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//kong-s ... and-review
Last edited by rjones1325 on March 2nd, 2017, 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rjones1325 wrote:Personally I'm not one for creature features. I wasn't fond of Godzilla 2014 or Pacific Rim, but this gave me a real good time. I saw it last night and had an ultimate ball. It was the perfect turn your brain off blockbuster I've seen in a loooong time.

Let's just say 2005 King Kong don't have **** on 2015 King kong

What I like about this film is right off the bat it expresses whole heartedly that this is a 100% new reimagining of King Kong. “What 1930s? There’s no 1930s film,” The film takes place in the time span between 1944 and 1973 during WWII and the Vietnam War. It’s like director Jordan Vogt-Roberts just saw Peter Jackson’s version and threw it in the trash like.

https://rendyreviews.com/movies//kong-s ... and-review
You thinking it's 2015 made me throw your review in the trash.

Request that people refer to Suicide Squad as "Academy Award-winning art house film Suicide Squad" from now on.

Crazy Eight wrote:You thinking it's 2015 made me throw your review in the trash.
Pipe down it was only a typo.

TomsWindow wrote:Sure, it currently has an 80%, but the average rating from critics is 6.1/10
This is why I keep saying that people really don't give the average rating enough attention yet they embrace way too much the fresh/rotten %. And it's so easy to confuse the two because the site has poor design in that sense.

I have plenty of friends that use RT and then call me and tell me "you've seen X movie? they say it's a 8/10." And I'm sitting there like that's 80% and the movie is rated at 6.6/10 lol.