Ghost in the Shell (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
looks surpassingly pretty slick.

From the director of... Snowhite and the Huntsman. Pardon my lack of excitement, even if it looks visually on-point. Are these infamous teasers for a treailer? Didn't know Kitano is in this.

m4st4 wrote:From the director of... Snowhite and the Huntsman. Pardon my lack of excitement, even if it looks visually on-point. Are these infamous teasers for a treailer? Didn't know Kitano is in this.
Not really - they are special TV spots that aired last night in the US during the Mr Robot finale.

Well that's slick, hat down for the initiative and the concept.

Holy shitballs... This looks gorgeous. This is like the kind of Sci-Fi film I would make. I've never seen the original film, but I just purchased it on iTunes, so I've got something to watch now!

These teasers > Passengers trailer

It's because the original manga aesthetic trumps all from the get-go. ;)

Ok....the cinematography at least looks on point. The first and second teaser kinda sold me out. The others ones.....meh!
I'm gonna give it a chance, they better don't mess this up.....

I like the aesthetic. I still doubt this will be good, and it's really unfortunate they didn't cast an Asian actress for the lead role, but it's nice to see (so far) that the special effects to make white actors look more Asian thing was BS and that they're at least not turning race into a costume. Or it seems so, from how Scarlett looks in the footage.

They need this movie to sell and unfortunately there is no asian actress that can sell this movie in the west.

Case closed on the "pick the right race for the leading role" type of dicussion we always have here.

neat, but 5 5 second clips from any movie can be neat