Uncharted (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Back in February, it was revealed that Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon was stepping behind the camera for the upcoming adaptation of the Naughty Dog video game series Uncharted. Speaking with Zap2It (via IGN), Gordon says that they're planning to start production on the film sometime early next year.

"I think very early next year. That's the plan. That's like tomorrow, essentially, because the prep is so complicated for the movie," he said.

Gordon went on to say that the writing team "just got the script to a really good place" and that the film will be "very international."

The lead role of Nathan Drake has yet to be cast for the film, with the likes of Mark Whalberg previously attached, and Gordon says they're still on the hunt for a lead.

"I want it to be a great actor," Gordon says. "That's number one, and then if it's someone who has an actual jaw, that's even better. The game is so well done that you need it to live up to that. There's no way we'd do the inverse of that where it's somebody famous who can't [act]."

The Naughty Dog game follows a descendant of explorer Sir Francis Drake, a treasure hunter named Nate Drake who believes he has learned the whereabouts of El Dorado, the fabled South American golden city, from a cursed golden statue. The search becomes competitive when a rival hunter joins the fray, then is ratcheted up several notches when creatures -- actually mutated descendants of Spaniards and Nazis -- begin attacking those hoping to learn the treasure's true secrets.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=120712
Last edited by SilverHeart on September 26th, 2017, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

darthnazgul wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:Official release date: June 10, 2016
http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/sony-sp ... uncharted/
Nice, can't wait to see who's cast as Drake.
They're still fishing for Mark Wahlberg.
Would rather have someone other than Wahlberg.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote:Nice, can't wait to see who's cast as Drake.
They're still fishing for Mark Wahlberg.
Would rather have someone other than Wahlberg.
I'm personally not sure who I'd pick. A part of me leans towards Chris Pratt, depending on how he is in Guardians, but he doesn't exactly look the part. I'm also curious as to who'd they pick for Sully.

Fillion in his Firefly days would have been a great choice.

Although he doesn't exactly look like Nathan Drake, I could def see Bradley Cooper playing the Drake role
Gerard Butler certainly has the looks though... but meh.

I just hope it's not going to be Wahlberg.

Sysmatic wrote:Although he doesn't exactly look like Nathan Drake, I could see Bradley Cooper as him.

Butler has cooled off since the late 00's. I think if a studio was going to fund a large budget project like this they would want a name that people would pay to see...

Cooper has been heavily involved with Oscar bait dramas and ensemble cast cast type movies as of recent. It would be cool to see him take on a film like this.

Dodd wrote:
Sysmatic wrote:Although he doesn't exactly look like Nathan Drake, I could see Bradley Cooper as him.

Butler has cooled off since the late 00's. I think if a studio was going to fund a large budget project like this they would want a name that people would pay to see...
Yeah, that's why I added the 'Meh'. He won't bring in enough bucks. But just look wise, he's not too far off.

I'd love to see Cooper though. Dude's rising, he has the comedic aspects and action shouldnt be a problem for him.