Rambo: Last Blood (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
While we learned last August that Avi Lerner, Nu Image and Entertainment One were developing a new "Rambo" TV series (that would not star Sylvester Stallone), we haven't heard anything about another movie in a long time. Now comes word from Splendid Film that they have bought the rights to the next film.

Their release stated the following: "Mit 'Rambo V' kehrt Sylvester Stallone in seine Paraderolle zurück. Dieses Mal legt er sich mit dem mexikanischen Kartell an. Stallone, der auch für das Drehbuch verantwortlich ist, beschreibt den neuen Rambo als seine Version von 'No Country for Old Men.' Produzent ist, wie schon beim letzten 'John Rambo,' Avi Lerner ('The Expendables 1-3')."

Which translates to: "With 'Rambo V' Sylvester Stallone returns in his iconic role. This time he goes up against a Mexican cartel. Stallone, who has also written the screenplay, describes the new Rambo as his version of 'No Country for Old Men.' Like the last film, 'Rambo V' is produced by Avi Lerner ("The Expendables 1-3")

Stallone last played the role of John Rambo in 2008's Rambo, which earned $113.2 million worldwide on a $50 million budget. He also wrote and directed the film. Then in 2009, the below synopsis for the fifth film was passed around that made it seem like Stallone was adapting James Byron Huggins' novel "Hunter" as the next film in the franchise.

John Rambo could track anyone - or anything - on earth. Now the military desperately needs him for a mission that his ultrasensitive instincts tell him he should refuse. A beast is loose somewhere north of the Artic Circle. It has already decimated a secret research facility and annihilated a squad of elite military guards. And the raging creature is headed south toward civilization, ready to wreak bloody devastation.

It's a job that Rambo and his 22-year-old hunting partner, Beau Brady, can't turn down, but they and a team of highly-skilled special forces kill team discover that the prey is a terror beyond their wildest imagination - a half-human abomination created by a renegade agency through a series of outlawed genetic experiments. It has man's cunning, a predator's savageness, and a prehistoric power that has transcended the ages. And even if Rambo and Beau survive its unrelenting hunger for human blood, they'll still have to contront the grim reality that it may have grown immortal.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=119794
Last edited by chinn70 on September 11th, 2014, 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

lol

Cilogy wrote:Image
:lol:

Need more cuddling? come to my Apartment..

Sylvester Stallone Targets One Last Battle with Rambo: Last Blood
It was rumored back in June that work had started on another big screen entry in the Rambo franchise (launched in 1982 with First Blood). Now, thanks to reader 'nopr100,' we know the title! Sylvester Stallone will be heading into one last fight with Rambo: Last Blood, which he also plans to direct.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=122801

... :facepalm: .

And I'm asking myself, who's still watching those films?Image

Same crowd that still watches Expendables.

Yeah but The Expendables started 4 years ago. Rambo is a 32 years old franchise. Don't people usually get bored by such pointless movies? Anyway, I don't give a fuck about Rambo or Stallone so there is no reason for me to bother any more.