Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 2:55 am
I mean I guess. Except that muppet literally redefined the way audiences viewed the universe. Not sure who Finn ended up with did any of that.
Poe and Finn are basically lovers, they can't challenge eachother which is what both characters need in the 2nd chapter

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 2:59 am
Rose and Finn were basically forced to be lovers, they don't challenge each other which is what both characters need in the 2nd chapter
ftfy

i don't know what "forced" means

isaac half jokingly half for real played Poe as gay for Finn and they clearly have sizzling chemistry

-Vader

also um rose basically exists almost exclusively to challenge finn

Cilogy wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 2:27 am
yeah but this is like the best star wars film after Empire fucking fight me
I get migrenes whenever I hear about people not getting it. But the good majority will get there once J.J. delivers another jawn-a-thon.

10 REASONS WHY TLJ WAS AHEAD OF ITS TIME
EVERYTHING WRONG WITH EPISODE IX
IS STAR WARS IN CRISIS, AGAIN?!

Yeah, it's going to be a bloodbath and I'm just gonna play Obi Wan in Battlefront II, wait for the dust to settle.🕷

ArmandFancypants wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 3:32 am
also um rose basically exists almost exclusively to challenge finn
Rose also exposes the farce not just of the military industrial complex fueling the cycles of warfare in the galaxy, but her words and choices are everything the Jedi of the prequels lack

she's as much a summation of the Lucas coda as any character in Star Wars, save only Yoda in Empire

-Vader

Since you guys are sorta talking about it; how you feel about the Poe /Rey dynamic they sneaked in at the end?

Personally I hope they will just be momma and pappa to BB8.

the_red_ninja wrote:
November 24th, 2018, 7:54 pm
Since you guys are sorta talking about it; how you feel about the Poe /Rey dynamic they sneaked in at the end?

Personally I hope they will just be momma and pappa to BB8.
not to burst your bubble Red but I don't think there is a sneaked-in Poe/Rey dynamic

I think it's more that Rey's sad mantra is that she's a "nobody from nowhere" and doesn't have a "family" and seeks a belonging she can't find, and yet upon returning to The Resistance Poe doesn't need to be introduced----Rey is no longer "nothing" or "nobody" from "nowhere."

it's sort've a completion of the throughout of her character's arc up to that point, not so much setting up a potential relationship

-Vader

rewind to 12 months ago when I pointed out Boyega and Ridley clearly didn't love TLJ's script and you and m4--not to trigger either of you--basically accused me of being a hater

(when the whole time I had TLJ on my top ten of 2017)

-Vader