Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:You guys wanted something new, now that wasn’t good enough. This will sound incredibly trolly but let us all enjoy the inevitable safeness of Episode IX, shall we. We all deserve it.
Did you like...happen to read my post? I'm confused by people saying this does something new when
the end of this film leaves almost everything the same as the previous film left it. I'm not trolling. I love Rian, I love Star Wars, I want to love this. I'm not disregarding everyone who liked this. Why write me off?

JJ was going for something new he said but watch the Kathy damage control...

Let's just hope the trilogy won't be out of the cards though

m4st4 wrote:You guys wanted something new, now that wasn’t good enough. This will sound incredibly trolly but let us all enjoy the inevitable safeness of Episode IX, shall we. We all deserve it.
That's the "There's starving kids in Africa, eat your dinner!" of apologist arguments.

I loved most of the daring new content. It was the basic rules of storytelling stuff that perplexed and disappointed me.

-Vader

Being daring and ambitious doesn't excuse it from being nonsensical and stupid in other areas.

Too many basic mistakes.

I have a feeling in the end major players will be shown the door and new ones will take over to reboot this whole franchise.

lol, Vader and Armand will never be on the same page for a new Star Wars movie.

Most of what's in this film is not that new and what is new is mainly visual but the overall story is fairly standard.

I hate everything about the side-quest mission.

Also, the not so subtle social commentary felt cheesy.
Driver, Gleeson and Serkis all gave riveting performances.

Allstar wrote:lol, Vader and Armand will never be on the same page for a new Star Wars movie.
I wish those pages weren't deleted since I'd love to read what he has to say about it.

I'm seeing it again in about 4 hours and truly hoping there's a lot of content I'm missing and taking for granted. Since a lot of what works about TLJ is pretty genius and brilliant and almost everything else I think is as bad as the worst of the prequels (but at least a lot more entertaining).

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:lol, Vader and Armand will never be on the same page for a new Star Wars movie.
I wish those pages weren't deleted since I'd love to read what he has to say about it.

I'm seeing it again in about 4 hours and truly hoping there's a lot of content I'm missing and taking for granted. Since a lot of what works about TLJ is pretty genius and brilliant and almost everything else I think is as bad as the worst of the prequels (but at least a lot more entertaining).

-Vader
He pretty much loved everything about it.