Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 11:10 pm
Master Virgo wrote:
February 22nd, 2018, 2:08 pm
Pretty much. I've muted half of the people whom I was following on twitter and all the avys here are disabled for me. Every time I want to google something, first I just think of any relationship that thing or person might have with this film and if there is, I don't google it, lol.

However I encountered a possible spoiler very early on, on twitter, that might actually be bullshit. I can take that one though, it wasn't a big deal.£
Please tell me you didn't watch the video on the previous page, because it has an unconscionable amount of spoilers.
He didn’t, come on. I’d expect an outrage already.

The video itself reminded me of how packed this movie is, so many memorable moments.

JJ called Terrio a “genius” LOL!

Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:37 am
Seriously? First of all I have a colleague who says ‘genius’ all the time, the meaning of the word certainly looses its impact so to speak. And it’s his project, his people, if he believes in the guy (quite capable one as well), I see nothing wrong in it.

And let me give you a taste of your own medicine: Who is a bigger comic book genius: Goyer or Whedon? Brought to you by... allstar. Six years ago. I waited for the right moment with my bookmark and all.

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 17&t=11138

Stop being a goddamn hypocrite.
...not only did you say that Goyer is a cb ‘genius’, instantly you compared him with the likes of Gaiman, Moore, Morrison... just end me now. Even just in cb knowledge category he cannot compete with Slott and the likes. And again - ‘geniuses’. LOL.

m4st4 wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 1:28 am
Allstar wrote:
February 23rd, 2018, 12:37 am
Seriously? First of all I have a colleague who says ‘genius’ all the time, the meaning of the word certainly looses its impact so to speak. And it’s his project, his people, if he believes in the guy (quite capable one as well), I see nothing wrong in it.

And let me give you a taste of your own medicine: Who is a bigger comic book genius: Goyer or Whedon? Brought to you by... allstar. Six years ago. I waited for the right moment with my bookmark and all.

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 17&t=11138

Stop being a goddamn hypocrite.
...not only did you say that Goyer is a cb ‘genius’, instantly you compared him with the likes of Gaiman, Moore, Morrison... just end me now. Even just in cb knowledge category he cannot compete with Slott and the likes. And again - ‘geniuses’. LOL.
LOL

classic thread.

Why is he still posting

Why am I

Why are any of us?

Fuck I'm so tired of work.

So one of the deleted scenes is...
Phasma's full death and why exactly was this removed from the film? Did we really need to cut this but keep BB-8 riding a walker or the Maz hologram?

BB 8 riding the walker was great.

Allstar wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 3:33 am
BB 8 riding the walker was great.
I agree but also
Obviously pacing and the performances are a bit off.
After listening to the commentary, I don't think it's a surprise that almost every moment fans reacted to super poorly was something that didn't work originally and they reshot it without resolving the issues completely.

Particularly the 'right' vibe for Holdo, Rose, Canto, etc.

-Vader

Bacon wrote:
March 12th, 2018, 3:26 am
So one of the deleted scenes is...
Phasma's full death and why exactly was this removed from the film? Did we really need to cut this but keep BB-8 riding a walker or the Maz hologram?
So? My point being...
the sole purpose of Phasma’s death is do build Finn’s character; the striking shot of her death is a) a classic villain’s demise shot and b) enough for a non character such as her
Of course, it’s a shame neither her, nor Hux, were anything more than what they already were in TFA.