Star Wars Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
the_red_ninja wrote:ok ok ok, there has been some great discussion in this thread yo; but I'm sitting here like
is Poe/Rey a thing now?
but seriously, here's some of my thoughts (mostly positive and a lot of yos)
That bomber opening was amazing, put me right into the SW mood yo.
So the Kylo/Rey force connection is weird to watch because it is straight out of fanfiction yo, but I approve of it.
Luke is soooo badass. Everything Luke was my favourite part yo.
Holdo's death was so cool so that's what happens when you collide during lightspeed
Poe's character has been redeemed after TFA :twothumbsup:
I was expecting more from Rose - maybe Finn is holding here back?
BB-8 deserves more love. Took on full R2D2 roles.
Snoke death is another highlight yo.
Rey is a bit too polished for me. Parentage reveal was expected.
Kylo is still emo and I love it.
I was kinda serious about Poe/Rey, because if it is a thing then could be a fun triangle there, because I still believe that Kylo/Ben and Poe grew up together. The jealousy of first Leia and now Rey. It doesn't have to be love.
I must see it again. 9/10
They literally only just met :lol:

One last great comment on the Jedi that this film makes:
As Rey stands with Ren's saber, and Snoke says "You have the spirit of a true Jedi!" and then she leaps towards him to kill him... pretty much.

This is the true ROTJ for me now. "I am a Jedi" means something - in that film, awesome moment though it is, the journey is reduced to soap opera. Now it actually involves, y'know... the Force.

I just love Yoda's last line, also his last lesson for Luke which is basically what you just said. "We are what they have grown beyond."
This film really felt like it moved beyond "old" Star Wars, TFA.... Not so much.

NFometer: 85% [↓ 2%]
Based on the Ratings of 41 Members
Average Score: (8.1/10) [↓ 0.2]

Positive

m4st4 (9.5/10)*
ArmandFancypants (9.5/10)
The Taxman (9.5/10)
LelekPL (9.5/10)
Dobson (9.5/10)*
Michaelf2225 (9/10)
the_red_ninja (9/10)*
AhmadAli95 (9/10)
natalie (9/10)
Nomis (9/10)
Ruth (9/10)
Baniac (9/10)
JAWS_Fan17 (9/10)
elemunt (9/10)
Cilogy (9/10)
CoolwhipSpecial (9/10)
Sky007 (8.7/10)
Allstar (8.7/10)
Skyab23 (8.6/10)
antovolk (8.5/10)
DoubleD (8.5/10)
07212017 (8.5/10)
Panapaok (8.5/10)
PowerDump (8.5/10)*
BlairCo (8.5/10)
IWatchFilmsNotMovies (8.5/10)
Sanchez (8.5/10)
spade (8/10)
Benzilla (8/10)
Law (8/10)
Bacon (7.7/10)
Havoc1st (7.5/10)*

Mixed to Positive

Pioneerr (7/10)
Batfan175 (7/10)
Biribiri (6.5/10)
Thedarknight628 (6.5/10)
shauner111 (6.5/10)
DREAMER (6/10)*

Mixed

mosh89 (6/10)

Mixed to Negative

MagnarTheGreat (4.5/10)

Negative

Tourmie (1/10)

£

Huh? I was always under the impression that
Rey/Poe was bound to happen at some point of the trilogy. Like, they were always supposed to be our new Han and Leia replacements lol.

The bond Kylo and Rey shared was hella interesting and took me by surprise, as in I'd thought about it but didn't really think they'd do something like that, but honestly I wouldn't want their "relationship" to become romantic and the shippers are the main reason behind it lol. Was watching TLJ and def thought oh woooow now the fanfics will definitely get crazy :crazy: I'm joking but something about this has always just kind of turned me off lol

move me down to an 8 plZ

Ruth wrote:Huh? I was always under the impression that
Rey/Poe was bound to happen at some point of the trilogy. Like, they were always supposed to be our new Han and Leia replacements lol.

The bond Kylo and Rey shared was hella interesting and took me by surprise, as in I'd thought about it but didn't really think they'd do something like that, but honestly I wouldn't want their "relationship" to become romantic and the shippers are the main reason behind it lol. Was watching TLJ and def thought oh woooow now the fanfics will definitely get crazy :crazy: I'm joking but something about this has always just kind of turned me off lol
Considering Rey = Luke, Finn = Han and Poe = Leia, I think the Finn-Poe romance was the most likely until The Last Jedi.
Now I guess it's Rey and Kylo... but Finn and Poe is still possible. Rose fell in love, I didn't see much romantic love in return, though.
I just hope we get one finally, so it gets less emotionally sterile in this department.

On its way to 750-800 domestic, which would be the second best of all time. Females and children are starting to fill up the charts since we’re fully in holidays now.

‘Let the past die, bury it.’

Third viewing.
The very last moment annoyed me at first but is now my favorite part.

A beautiful note to end on. Also, the shadow was a great touch.

Negative

Tourmie (1/10)
I want the blackout after-effects of Holdo's warping suicide scene in GIF form.Stunning