Galveston (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Didn't find any topic here

True Detective's showrunner first novel and he wrote the script himself.

Matthias Schoenaerts (Rust and Bone, The Drop) is starring and newcomer Justin Metz is directing
Embankment Films is handling foreign sales at Cannes. Shooting is set to begin in October with Matthias Schoenaerts starring and Janus Metz to direct.

Pizzolatto has adapted the script from his first novel “Galveston,” which focuses on a New Orleans hitman diagnosed with lung cancer who discovers his mobster boss has decided to have him killed.

Tyler Davidson of Low Spark Films has joined Jean Doumanian and Patrick Daly of Jean Doumanian Productions on the producing team. Financing was arranged by CAA and Cinetic Media, which are handling North American rights.

”’Galveston’ is one of the most soulful and electrifying scripts I’ve read in years,” Davidson said.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/canne ... 201181451/

Has anyone read this?

I read this as "Galvatron" at first.

I actually tried reading it once, but I couldn't finish due to my laziness and some important matters. It's pretty decent, or at least I remember it as that.

I really enjoyed the book. Looking forward to this, especially if Pizzolato wrote the script.

Elle Fanning, Ben Foster to Star in Nic Pizzolatto's 'Galveston'
Elle Fanning and Ben Foster will star in Galveston, adapted from the novel by True Detective creator Nic Pizzolatto.

Mélanie Laurent will direct the moody crime thriller.

Galveston follows two hard-luck outsiders on the run. Barely surviving an assassination attempt from his loan-sharking boss, debt-collector Roy "Big Country" Cady (Foster) flees to the Texas town to lie low, but in rescuing Raquel "Rocky" Arceneaux (Fanning), a vulnerable young prostitute, from the shoot-out, any hope of a safe haven vanishes. Rocky is a girl with secrets to hide, including one that will forever haunt Roy in a powerful story of sacrifice and redemption.

Low Spark Films' Tyler Davidson will serve as producer. Jean Doumanian, Patrick Daly, Kevin Flanigan and Sean O’Brien will executive produce. Production will begin in January.

Embankment is handling international rights at the AFM.

Pizzaman likes his prostitutes.

Foster is nice but I wanted Schoenaerts goddamnit. Elle Fanning is an excellent choice.

Melanie Laurent directing? K...

I read the book a couple of years ago. It was great, looking forward to it.