Galveston (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Really looking forward to this. Ben Foster is a perfect choice. He also would have been a great choice for a third season of True Detective.

When I read the book I imagined Foster's character as much older and more rugged/disease-ridden with moustache and pony tail. Not particularly handsome. At least that's what is mentioned in the book if I remember correctly. Kinda like this:
Btw Pizzaguy wrote Galveston before True Detective and Rust Cohle is based on Roy Cady.

prowlercomesaround wrote:When I read the book I imagined Foster's character as much older and more rugged/disease-ridden with moustache and pony tail. Not particularly handsome. At least that's what is mentioned in the book if I remember correctly. Kinda like this:
Btw Pizzaguy wrote Galveston before True Detective and Rust Cohle is based on Roy Cady.
Yeah Rust and Roy have a lot in common.
I remember one part in Galveston where Roy said that he knows himself and it's very reminiscent of Rust saying that in TD. And also they're old dudes who live alone who read books to pass the time. I'm interested in seeing how Foster portrays the character.

akv1984 wrote:
prowlercomesaround wrote:When I read the book I imagined Foster's character as much older and more rugged/disease-ridden with moustache and pony tail. Not particularly handsome. At least that's what is mentioned in the book if I remember correctly. Kinda like this:
Yeah Rust and Roy have a lot in common.
I remember one part in Galveston where Roy said that he knows himself and it's very reminiscent of Rust saying that in TD. And also they're old dudes who live alone who read books to pass the time. I'm interested in seeing how Foster portrays the character.
And there's this weird father-daughter relationship between Roy and Rocky (the prostitute) combined with sexual tension which I'm not sure is going to work with Foster and Elle Fanning (who I'm assuming is playing her), but hey I don't know.

prowlercomesaround wrote:
And there's this weird father-daughter relationship between Roy and Rocky (the prostitute) combined with sexual tension which I'm not sure is going to work with Foster and Elle Fanning (who I'm assuming is playing her), but hey I don't know.
Yeah Elle is playing her. In the book it was super uncomfortable to read. I feel like it would be even more uncomfortable on screen because Elle looks way younger than 18 honestly.

Ace

Yeah maybe i don't know

At the very least, I think we can expect the performances to be good.

Ace