Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Ruth wrote:So I finally saw this and I really liked it :angel: Which means all of yall petty fights are invalid now
jk :lol: it's obviously not a perfect movie by any means, but as it advanced, I found myself more and more immersed in it, and at the moment, that's enough for me
Exactly this. Just came back from the theater and really enjoyed this. Also, that ending...

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/how-darth- ... 52848.html
“What was added — and it was a fantastic add — was the Vader action scene, with him boarding the ship and dispatching all those rebel soldiers,” he tells Yahoo Movies. “That was something conceptualized a little later.”

so this is like a spiritual successor to the BvS thread huh

antovolk wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/movies/how-darth- ... 52848.html
“What was added — and it was a fantastic add — was the Vader action scene, with him boarding the ship and dispatching all those rebel soldiers,” he tells Yahoo Movies. “That was something conceptualized a little later.”
So it seems like the first Vader scene with Krennic was the only Vader scene before.

Finally saw this. The score sounds like someone who made a generic Star Wars ripoff score because the actual music was copyrighted.

I felt like nothing actually happens until the last 30 minutes. Like, what's the film even about? It's mostly people talking about things they want to do and then sorta kinda doing them but not really. No real push in the film and the characters are flat. The leads were absolute bores but I enjoyed the dude with the stick and the robot. Mendelssohn's character was useless, which is a shame. Even Vader seemed half assed. It's a limp dick script which doesn't have any core to it.

That said, the action pieces are really superb. Edwards shines with those. I really wouldn't be opposed to seeing an all out war film with the kinetic energy of something like Fury Road directed by him.

It's probably a "better film" than TFA but thats not really saying much. I have no real urge to revisit this or TFA again though which ain't a good sign.

6/10 or something

ChristNolan wrote:Finally saw this. The score sounds like someone who made a generic Star Wars ripoff score because the actual music was copyrighted.

I felt like nothing actually happens until the last 30 minutes. Like, what's the film even about? It's mostly people talking about things they want to do and then sorta kinda doing them but not really. No real push in the film and the characters are flat. The leads were absolute bores but I enjoyed the dude with the stick and the robot. Mendelssohn's character was useless, which is a shame. Even Vader seemed half assed. It's a limp dick script which doesn't have any core to it.

That said, the action pieces are really superb. Edwards shines with those. I really wouldn't be opposed to seeing an all out war film with the kinetic energy of something like Fury Road directed by him.

It's probably a "better film" than TFA but thats not really saying much. I have no real urge to revisit this or TFA again though which ain't a good sign.

6/10 or something
I dunno what you get out of your hobby of liking movies

-Vader

I like movies that have actual characters I can relate to or care about in them. Or at the very least a script that feels like it wasn't written by a google bot.

ChristNolan wrote:I like movies that have actual characters I can relate to or care about in them. Or at the very least a script that feels like it wasn't written by a google bot.
I don't even like Rogue One a lot but like what lol

-Vader