Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I like movies that have actual characters I can relate to or care about in them. Or at the very least a script that feels like it wasn't written by a google bot.
I don't even like Rogue One a lot but like what lol

-Vader
What are you confused about?

anepicmoviereviewer wrote:
antovolk wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/movies/how-darth- ... 52848.html
“What was added — and it was a fantastic add — was the Vader action scene, with him boarding the ship and dispatching all those rebel soldiers,” he tells Yahoo Movies. “That was something conceptualized a little later.”
So it seems like the first Vader scene with Krennic was the only Vader scene before.
Vader was still involved in the ending originally, but he faced a few survivors of Rogue One instead of the ship crew.

ChristNolan wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:I like movies that have actual characters I can relate to or care about in them. Or at the very least a script that feels like it wasn't written by a google bot.
I don't even like Rogue One a lot but like what lol

-Vader
What are you confused about?
I dunno you just don't seem to like most movies lol

-Vader

But in fairness the whole film could have been the last 30 mins or so it wouldn't have made a huge difference.

I still haven't seen this. My family and friends can't believe it.

Cilogy wrote:But in fairness the whole film could have been the last 30 mins or so it wouldn't have made a huge difference.

Peace wrote:I still haven't seen this. My family and friends can't believe it.
Don't worry about it. Spend your money on a different film.

Cilogy wrote:But in fairness the whole film could have been the last 30 mins or so it wouldn't have made a huge difference.
And still the only impact it'd have is during the last scene. When all characters are dead and it ties into ANH.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story’ Hits $1 Billion in Worldwide Box Office
http://variety.com/2017/film/news/rogue ... 201966453/

Happy for all involved, particularly Gareth. But selfishly even more pleased what this means for the future of standalone movies, this should encourage Kennedy and co. to be brave and take risks with future standalones.

It should but it also should be a point of concern that Star Wars is not hitting with international audiences as much as they hoped or as much as Marvel films do.

Even with China's biggest star, Rogue One dissapointed in that country and it's also underperforming in some other key countries. I'm not really sure what else can they do, though. The film was good, it had a Chinese mega star, it basically did all the right things and yet it did even worse than Force Awakens (which actually suprised me).