Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
How's Donnie Yen?

Master Virgo wrote:I'm guessing the reason for most of the negative reactions to the CGI character is because of the concept of it rather than the execution, they don't like the idea, thus they are not looking at it with an unbiased mindset.£
The execution wasn't the best compared to the de aging stuff we got. Felt videogamey

Yen - really awesome.

Havoc1st wrote:How's Donnie Yen?
Good fun.

Can't disagree more on Tarkin/Leia. Tarkin's first scene takes some getting used to but I think it's rather amazing. It's also a very different prospect to de-aging because it's building a different bone structure.

It's hard to really appreciate the de-aging technology, because if we can resurrect Peter Cushing from the dead with pixels, then what do we even need actors for? The only times that I've ever been impressed with de-aging CGI was Michael Douglas in Ant-Man and Robert Downey Jr. in Captain America: Civil War, but the scenes themselves felt tailored made to give an excuse to use the CGI. In this case, it really does help more for the story, but in all honesty, I would have preferred just a look-alike actor.

Donnie Yen was my favourite character from the team, and gets the funniest line in the movie.
When they're putting bags over everybody's heads: "Why do I need this? I'm blind."

BlairCo wrote:It's hard to really appreciate the de-aging technology, because if we can resurrect Peter Cushing from the dead with pixels, then what do we even need actors for?
Um, because it's actually Guy Henry playing the part

Forum Pro
Law
Thinking about seeing this in IMAX but I really don't feel like seeing 3D .. is it worth it ???

Law wrote:Thinking about seeing this in IMAX but I really don't feel like seeing 3D .. is it worth it ???
No.

Law wrote:Thinking about seeing this in IMAX but I really don't feel like seeing 3D .. is it worth it ???
If your theatre has the Dunkirk prologue (full list has been announced) - yes

Two days to go.

Forum Pro
Law
antovolk wrote:
If your theatre has the Dunkirk prologue (full list has been announced) - yes
It is sooo I guess yes