ABC's Agent Carter

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
neb4ever wrote:Am I the only one here, who thinks this looks incredibly bad...
I think it'll be difficult to go even further below the level of awful that was the first batch of episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (AKA the only episodes I bothered to watch before bailing out).

I like the concept behind shows like Nikita and Alias so I'll be checking it out. Hopefully it can at least be on the tier below shows like those. I think it'll have a bit more cheesy "fun" to it and be more watered down than those shows though.

MagnarTheGreat wrote:
neb4ever wrote:Am I the only one here, who thinks this looks incredibly bad...
I think it'll be difficult to go even further below the level of awful that was the first batch of episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (AKA the only episodes I bothered to watch before bailing out).

I like the concept behind shows like Nikita and Alias so I'll be checking it out. Hopefully it can at least be on the tier below shows like those. I think it'll have a bit more cheesy "fun" to it and be more watered down than those shows though.
Hopefully the Russo brothers can make it better.

Apparently accidentally selling your weapons to bad guys is a genetic trait among the Stark family.

Miles better than SHIELD. Shorter seasons definitely work better than SHIELD'S 22 episode model.

Well it helps that the major roles are immediately likable unlike SHIELD's. Also the story has an energy to it instead of lethargy.

So what about that Ant-Man trailer?

But yeah, even with SHIELD'S recent turnaround, this dwarfs both seasons easily. Since the Netflix shows are like Carter in that they didn't have a pilot and we're ordered as full shows, with fewer episodes, Marvel definitely learned from their missteps.

Ant Man on the other hand...

Really liked the first 2 episodes. Atwell is awesome but the supporting cast is pretty great as well. :thumbup:

Now that The Legend of Korra is over, it's good to have a show that gives me my weekly fix of badass-female-heroine-awesomeness.

This was such a legit show. Both episodes were great. Also, with the amount of references to sexism in the workplace- is this the first marvel production 'about something'?

Damn, Stan ain't lookin too great these days. Maybe it's just that he shaved but he definitely looks a lot older than he did a year o so ago.