The Snowman (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/121/1210780p1.html
Scandinavian crime fiction is all the rage in Hollywood in the weeks leading up to David Fincher's adaptation of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, and filmmaker Martin Scorsese is said to be the latest filmmaker caught up in the wave.

Variety reports that the Oscar-winning director is circling The Snowman, an adaptation of Jo Nesbo's crime novel, for Working Title. Matthew Michael Carnahan (Lions for Lambs) is being lined up to script.

"While no formal offer has been made, Scorsese has been circling the project for the last month while putting the finishing touches on Paramount's Hugo," according to the trade. "He recently began engaging with Working Title and is now seriously considering making it his next project."

Here is the synopsis for The Snowman from Nesbo's official site: "It is November in Oslo and the first snow of the year has fallen. Birte Becker comes home from work and praises the snowman her husband and son have made in the garden. But they haven't made a snowman. As the family stand by the sitting room window looking out in amazement at the snowman, the son notices that it is facing the house. The black eyes are staring at the window. At them. Detective Inspector Harry Hole receives an anonymous letter signed "The Snowman". Later he finds an alarming common thread in all the old disappearance cases. Married women go missing the day the first snow falls. That same night Sylvia Pedersen is fighting her way through the first snow in a forest outside Oslo. She knows she is running for her life, but she doesn't know what from. Nor does she know what lies ahead. Fortunately."

The Snowman might just be Scorsese's next film following Hugo.

That sounds ridiculous, and will be unintentionally campy and over the top.

-Vader

Really??? ...

Vader182 wrote:That sounds ridiculous, and will be unintentionally campy and over the top.

-Vader
In Scorsese's hands? Doubt it.

Cape Fear is one of the worst and unintentionally campy movies I've ever seen. Literally.

Also, you're in the minority in thinking Shutter Island wasn't campy. I love the movie, but there's way too many "I'm freaking out psychologically" *creepy music* CUT TO LIGHTNING STRIKES ON THINGS AND LOUD THUNDER for my liking. :|

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Cape Fear is one of the worst and unintentionally campy movies I've ever seen. Literally.

Also, you're in the minority in thinking Shutter Island wasn't campy. I love the movie, but there's way too many "I'm freaking out psychologically" *creepy music* CUT TO LIGHTNING STRIKES ON THINGS AND LOUD THUNDER for my liking. :|

-Vader
No.

Uh, yeah you are actually. Go to RT, that's the primary complaint from all the critics, and my film professor teaches at my college, as well as a huge university in Chicago, and he and other professors from those and other colleges took all their students to see the film in theaters since a Scorsese picture was such an 'event' (he's such a huge Scorsese fan he teaches a class on it), and most kids scored it a 6-7 out of ten, saying it was really cheesy a lot of the time. This is an insanely large pool of kids, many of them hugely interested in film. Yeah.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:and my film professor teaches at my college, as well as a huge university in Chicago, and he and other professors from those and other colleges
And who are they, exactly?

Vader182 wrote:Uh, yeah you are actually. Go to RT, that's the primary complaint from all the critics, and my film professor teaches at my college, as well as a huge university in Chicago, and he and other professors from those and other colleges took all their students to see the film in theaters since a Scorsese picture was such an 'event' (he's such a huge Scorsese fan he teaches a class on it), and most kids scored it a 6-7 out of ten, saying it was really cheesy a lot of the time. This is an insanely large pool of kids, many of them hugely interested in film. Yeah.

-Vader
I guess Rotten Tomatoes and a couple of colleges is the majority of people. :|

I find bringing a bunch of "professors" and college students into this conversation is completely invalid and pointless.