The Snowman (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
I really never understand the cult following of the movie.

-Vader
The movie is action packed and quotable. So naturally it is overly popular with fanboys. The director Troy Duffy is an egotistical prick and I am surprised that The Boondock Saints was made at all. But that being said I do get some enjoyment from watching the movie, but only from a few specific standpoints.

One is watching this in conjunction with the documentary Overnight (The real story behind The Boondock Saints). It shows what you should never do as a director, writer, musician, or friend.

Two is watching how different Sean Patrick Flannery is in this when compared to his performance in Powder. He is completely unrecognizable. And it is pretty amazing.

And three it makes me appreciate real directors, films, etc. Plus I still like to watch the speech at the end.

P.S.
At first glance this movie “The Snowman” sounds like it will be a snowy version of Red Dragon, but without Hannibal Lector. I’m pretty disappointed and I don’t know what Scorsese is thinking.

I'd rather see him make a film where someone gets their head kicked in by an Italian New Yorker.

christophmac wrote:I'd rather see him make a film where someone gets their head kicked in by an Italian New Yorker.
This.

At first I was like meh. This sounds really bad.

But then again, I could see this being a really good, edge of your seat thriller.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Vader182 wrote:Cape Fear is one of the worst and unintentionally campy movies I've ever seen. Literally.

Also, you're in the minority in thinking Shutter Island wasn't campy. I love the movie, but there's way too many "I'm freaking out psychologically" *creepy music* CUT TO LIGHTNING STRIKES ON THINGS AND LOUD THUNDER for my liking. :|

-Vader
ROFL. And Thanks for just being alive. It is lovely to have a forum token who is so stupid it becomes cute. But then again, that is just MY opinion..
JUSTIN time wrote:I’m pretty disappointed and I don’t know what Scorsese is thinking.
The very idea you do not know what he is thinking, makes me think Scorsese may be on to something.

Confirmed.

Marty will direct.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Lmao guys. Vader is kinda right.

Cape Fear is close to being terrible and is just saved by De Niro's presence while Shutter Island (and I said this many times) is a good film that is delivered in the most clicheic and predictable way. It brings nothing innovative, and when I mean nothing I mean not ONE single thing.

Cape Fear is shit.Shutter Island is awsome.
Yes I pulled a 'baconboy'.Sue me!!!

Mr. Caine wrote:Cape Fear is shit.Shutter Island is awsome.
Yes I pulled a 'baconboy'.Sue me!!!
:twothumbsup:

Leo will be in this.