Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I think the Transcendence trailer is very good. Definately made me excited for the film.

kinda reminds me of Hollow Man

lol

Cilogy wrote:kinda reminds me of Hollow Man

lol
that's my line ya shit

I like what I see, but what I saw was too much.

For everyone concerned about the trailer showing too much, it does show a lot, but it doesn't show even half of where this movie really goes. The ideas in the script are truly outstanding (probably why it was on the 2012 Blacklist). Sh*t really hits the fan in the second half of the film lol. So don't worry, there's still much to be revealed when the film is released in April!!!

Looks pretty great, sweet vibe.

asas20 wrote:For everyone concerned about the trailer showing too much, it does show a lot, but it doesn't show even half of where this movie really goes. The ideas in the script are truly outstanding (probably why it was on the 2012 Blacklist). Sh*t really hits the fan in the second half of the film lol. So don't worry, there's still much to be revealed when the film is released in April!!!
This.

I haven't read the script, and even though the trailer comes off a bit like your run of the mill techno-thriller (kind of a Michael Crichton, Doug Liman, and Paul Greengrass cocktail infused with Nolan-esque shots and Pfister-like lighting), I can only chalk that up to the editing of the trailer itself. Pfister doesn't get to edit his own trailer, and WB is more than likely trying to expand its possible demographic reach by making the film come off a little more appealing to a broader audience. I mean, come on, it's got Johnny Depp. America loves the Depp. If Pfister took anything from Nolan's directing style then, among other things, the film will probably reflect his style in the form of subtleties and nuances--things that were not present in the trailer, at least not at first glance. Why WB chose such an exposition-heavy first trailer is a head scratcher, but again I'm putting my faith into what asas20 said above. I love the cast, of course. Morgan Freeman can phone in a role in every movie until the day he passes for all I care.

The cinematography was great. No surprises there.

Looks like a modern Lawnmower Man.

I'll say it. The only reason I would say "WOW!" is because 1) Pfister. 1) Pfister's connection to Nolan.

I'm biased.

asas20 wrote:For everyone concerned about the trailer showing too much, it does show a lot, but it doesn't show even half of where this movie really goes. The ideas in the script are truly outstanding (probably why it was on the 2012 Blacklist). Sh*t really hits the fan in the second half of the film lol. So don't worry, there's still much to be revealed when the film is released in April!!!

It ends with "I'm going everywhere"

I'm predicting that is the more or less how the film ends, leaving it open to a sequel where his powers - he seems to be virtually inside all technology like "Ghost In The Machine", which was too far-fetched back in the 90s. Now that everything is connected to the internet it seems plausible. I hypothesize he becomes too powerful and evil. He is many steps ahead of everyone because he has the collective intelligence and he IS the internet so he can see what they're doing and maneuver around their plans. He becomes a global threat.

And we are to sympathize with him because he is not at fault - this is his nature. He can't change who he is and he is merely defending himself, even if that means destroying the world.

Based on how movies are made these days, that's my meager and stupid and baseless prediction.