Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
apw
BREAKING: Johnny Depp is negotiating to star in Transcendence, the directorial debut of Oscar-winning cinematographer Wally Pfister. The project is being put together for an early 2013 shoot by Alcon co-founders and co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Alcon will release through its output deal with Warner Bros.

The screenplay, written by newcomer Jack Paglen, was developed by Annie Marter and Straight Up Films, whose company principals include Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen and Regency Boies. Polvino, Marter and Cohen will produce along with David Valdes (Book of Eli), Johnson and Kosove. Boies will co-produce. The plot of Transcendence is being kept under wraps.

Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas are serving as executive producers and Alcon is financing. Pfister won an Oscar for his cinematography on the Nolan-directed Inception. He has done seven films with Nolan and Thomas, including The Dark Knight Rises and Memento. He was also cinematographer on Moneyball and The Italian Job.

Depp is repped by UTA.

Said Kosove and Johnson: “Johnny Depp is one of the most charismatic, talented actors imaginable and we are delighted he is with us on this project.”

Pfister called Depp “a creative and intelligent artist whom I feel will bring great depth to the character and the overall narrative.”
:clap:

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/johnny- ... um=twitter
Last edited by apw on October 24th, 2012, 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meeeeeeeeeeeh

:clap: Yes, I was hoping for something like that for Johnny!
Finally!
Truth is, sometimes I miss you so bad I can hardly stand it. - Jack Twist

Wow

That's pretty crazy.

Go big or go home.

This is interesting.

Also what do you guy's think about the title?
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Wally is going to deliver big time. :clap:

DoubleD wrote:This is interesting.

Also what do you guy's think about the title?
tran·scend·ent   [tran-sen-duhnt]
adjective
1. going beyond ordinary limits; surpassing; exceeding.
2. superior or supreme.
3. Theology . (of the Deity) transcending the universe, time, etc. Compare immanent ( def. 3 ) .
4. Philosophy .
a. Scholasticism . above all possible modes of the infinite.
b. Kantianism . transcending experience; not realizable in human experience. Compare transcendental ( defs. 5a, c ) .
c. (in modern realism) referred to, but beyond, direct apprehension; outside consciousness.

tran·scend·ence   [tran-sen-duhns]
noun
the quality or state of being transcendent.

:P

Allstar wrote:Wow

That's pretty crazy.
Right?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Allstar wrote:Wow

That's pretty crazy.
Right?

-Vader
I never would of thought he would of got a star this big on his directorial debut. I guess the fact that he has been Nolan's DP for all his films gives him a massive amount of credibility to actors. This is no different than Nolan casting DiCaprio for Inception really.