The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I can't wait for TIFF in September

This is going to be epic.

DoubleD wrote:This is going to be epic.
Yeah sure...we thought the same about that Alien ripoff.. Me first watch then talk.

Asanty wrote:
Yeah sure...we thought the same about that Alien ripoff.. Me first watch then talk.
Yeah and this isn't related to Alien, it doesn't have a cult classic horror scifi to suprass or be compared with, it just needs to be good on its own merits.

Ruth wrote:
Asanty wrote:
Yeah and this isn't related to Alien, it doesn't have a cult classic horror scifi to suprass or be compared with, it just needs to be good on its own merits.
And it doesn't have a book to be compared to either- oh wait

AsianVersionOfET wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Asanty wrote:
And it doesn't have a book to be compared to either- oh wait
The book is pretty obscure and not as well known as Alien franchise. I get what Asanty tried to say, there's definitely a chance this will suck, but it won't suffer the same fate as Prometheus. There isn't that much hype this time around.

Ruth wrote:
Asanty wrote:

Yeah, true too, but the question is if Ridley still capable to make a good film at least up to par to Kingdom of Heaven or he went downhill for good?..

Ugliest astro-suit ever. Can't stand that bulby helmet.