The Martian (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
(lol at this bump). Also, hey, there was already a thread for by ITroll

So are we getting a sci-fi that stars Damon and Chastain every year (to be precise, every November)? kewl

It would be interesting to see which roles Wiig and Chastain are doing in this.
For what I understand, there's the captain of the failed mission and the operator of the Earth who helps Damon's character to survive, with the later being more promiment in the story and in the script [rumor has it that role was expanded by Goddard]
In short, this has potential, The director, the script, which I've read some good stuff about it (normally the biggest issue on Scott's film are the scripts, just look at Prometheus, A Good Year and The Counselor) and the people who is involved/might be are really good at their job. I am more interested in this, this sounds better than Exodus.

Vader182 wrote:Rooney's a considerably stronger actress. I like them both though.

-Vader
That's not my point.

And I'm hardly going to take the guys opinion who calls her "brilliant" in TSN on this matter seriously.

Hopefully she gets naked.

Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Rooney's a considerably stronger actress. I like them both though.

-Vader
That's not my point.

And I'm hardly going to take the guys opinion who calls her "brilliant" in TSN on this matter seriously.
FIncher cast her to give a powerful enough performance that it hangs a shadow over the rest of the film. The part called for an actress who could do a lot in a few minutes. Obviously, she does. She's brilliant for what she's allowed to do.

-Vader