Battlestar Galactica Movie

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/battl ... 201153687/
Universal is ramping up a movie version of the sci-fi franchise “Battlestar Galactica,” aiming to develop the film as a complete reimagining of the story.

“Transcendence” writer Jack Paglen has signed on to write the screenplay. Paglen has also committed to Ridley Scott’s “Prometheus” sequel for Fox that will start production this fall.

Original series creator Glen Larson will produce the “Battlestar Galactica” film.

“Galactica” generated two TV series. The first, starring Lorne Greene and Richard Hatch, ran during 1978-79 season and was centered on humans engaged in a lengthy war against a cybernetic race known as the Cylons while searcing for Earth.

In 2003, a reimagined “Battlestar Galactica” miniseries aired on Sci Fi Channel. The second series, starring Edward James Olmos and Mary McDonnell, went on to run for four seasons.

In 2009, speculation emerged that Bryan Singer was attached to direct a “Battlestar Galactica” movie.

Universal’s exec VP of production Scott Bernstein and director of development Jay Polidoro are overseeing the latest version of “Battlestar Galactica” for the studio.

Warner Bros. will open “Transcendence,” starring Johnny Depp, on April 18.

Paglen is represented by ICM Partners and Lichter Grossman Nichols Adler and Feldman. Larson is represented by the Lichtman Group, manager Denny Bond of Management 3 as well as attorneys Neville Johnson, Douglas Johnson and James Ryan of Johnson & Johnson.

Gods I miss the show.

Jack Paglen's been getting some interesting projects lately for a relative newcomer. That's what happens when one of your scripts is at the top of the black list and gets picked up by one of the most renowned DoP's, I guess.

m4st4 wrote:Gods I miss the show.

The long awaited big screen transfer of the Glen Larson 1978 TV series is moving forward at Universal. Lisa Joy, who scripted and is exec producer on HBO’s series Westworld, is writing the script. Francis Lawrence is circling the movie to direct.
http://deadline.com/2016/06/battlestar- ... 201770133/

Awesome! Lisa deserves it.

Unsure when her spec, Reminiscence will get made by Legendary, & her female Spider-Man project may've gone to the wayside with the whole Sony-Disney thing. But this is a kickass gig, & Good Luck to her.

THE Jack Paglen!?

m4st4 wrote:Gods I miss the show.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:THE Jack Paglen!?
He's not writing it anymore, Joy is (request for thread title change)