Transformers: The Last Knight (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
SilverHeart wrote:Spinoff writers room:
Robert Kirkman
Art Marcum
Matt Holloway
Zak Penn
Jeff Pinkner

Holy shit, some of these names are actually people with genuine talent.

I mean outside of Kirkman not that much talent but a hell of a lot better than Akiva Goldsman and all the previous writers.
Spoiler tag that shit!

.....why?

SilverHeart wrote:Spinoff writers room:
Robert Kirkman
Art Marcum
Matt Holloway
Zak Penn
Jeff Pinkner

Holy shit, some of these names are actually people with genuine talent.

I mean outside of Kirkman not that much talent but a hell of a lot better than Akiva Goldsman and all the previous writers.
Wekk who knows what might happen, with a little luck that talent might improve things a bit...

As long as I get that Rescue Bots spinoff I'll be happy.

Akiva Goldsman at the helm is still a big flashing 'this will be garbage' warning light but the rest of these writers have shown some degree of talent in the past which is more than I can say for the previous ones (Ehren Kruger) and one of them is a Transformers film that doesn't have any fucking humans in it to take away focus from the goddamn title characters so they'll at least be marginally better for that.

I thought Bay had said very early in the T4 production process that he was only planning to do the the first one in a new trilogy as a way to kick it off with new characters and stories. It was just kind of a send off.

Please no Liebesman.

Even if bay overdoes the cutting and the slow-mo sometimes, I would still say his directing of action scenes is better than many blockbuster directors, and the action in Turtles was SOOOOO boring.

Ken Nolan and Geneva Robertson-Dworet are also in. Jesus how many movies are they making with all these writers?

This “mythological time line” could stretch as far as 12 movies if every writer comes up with their own script, but right now the priority is Transformers 5, which will have Bay returning to direct once he finishes his Benghazi movie, 13 Hours. To create a script for a movie where the script is a total afterthought, every writer will come up with a treatment, and then they’ll Frankenstein it into one treatment that will be presented for the “approval of Paramount, Bay, [Steven] Spielberg, Hasbro and the producers.”

Steven DeKnight also in.
http://deadline.com/2015/06/steven-dekn ... 201439732/
Fuck how many films are they making to have all these goddamn writers. At least these are all semi-competent at the least. Between the lot of them they should be able to make at least ONE good movie.