Manga & Anime

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
darthnazgul wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 12:23 pm
Yeah Part One is admittedly a bit of a slog. There is stuff to like about it but I don't think the series starts to firmly plant its roots until Joseph, who as you said is a great protagonist. He helps to establish the mindgames and back and forth that makes the fights in JoJo stand out.

I actually just finished a rewatch of Battle Tendency and hoo boy.
Dude, when he said that he def has a plan...then immediately started to run for his life, I was hooked. :lol:

m4st4 wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 4:27 pm
darthnazgul wrote:
February 26th, 2018, 12:23 pm
Yeah Part One is admittedly a bit of a slog. There is stuff to like about it but I don't think the series starts to firmly plant its roots until Joseph, who as you said is a great protagonist. He helps to establish the mindgames and back and forth that makes the fights in JoJo stand out.

I actually just finished a rewatch of Battle Tendency and hoo boy.
Dude, when he said that he def has a plan...then immediately started to run for his life, I was hooked. :lol:
Ah yes, the Joestar secret technique.

For me it was when he pulled a Tommy gun out of nowhere.

Oh yeah, that shot firmly confirmed the inspirations this time will be Stallone/Schwarzie/Willis of the 80s! 8-)

Are you waiting for the 5th anime adaptation or is manga on the menu? I have arcs 1-8 on my hard drive and first three will be on the shelf soon-ish.

m4st4 wrote:
February 27th, 2018, 1:31 am
Oh yeah, that shot firmly confirmed the inspirations this time will be Stallone/Schwarzie/Willis of the 80s! 8-)

Are you waiting for the 5th anime adaptation or is manga on the menu? I have arcs 1-8 on my hard drive and first three will be on the shelf soon-ish.
At this point, my patience is getting thin so I think I might start reading Part 5 soon.

darthnazgul wrote:
February 27th, 2018, 6:47 am
m4st4 wrote:
February 27th, 2018, 1:31 am

At this point, my patience is getting thin so I think I might start reading Part 5 soon.
Do it. Manga>anime, when you can. ;)

Good man for following One Piece!

Does anyone here recommend either My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online

Master Virgo wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 2:49 am
Does anyone here recommend either My Hero Academia, Fairy Tail or Sword Art Online
I beliiieve MHA is good... but can’t say I saw a single episode. Ideally I’d say read the first couple of chapters of each manga and go from that. Animation quality varies with shonen and you just know manga is the proper introduction.

Master Virgo wrote:
April 7th, 2018, 2:49 am
Sword Art Online is to anime what Twilight is to literature.

I’m still catching up on part 2 manga but great news for JoJo further entering the mainstream! Part 5 anime is announced!

July 2018 Japan, October western.

Gg nazgul. :D This gave me the incentive to finish Part 2, order Part 3 and continue marching towards what might be my favorite, setting wise - Part 4 etc.