The Incredibles 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
For all the fuss Brad Bird made about only making a sequel when he had a story that "had to be told," this doesn't appear to be a particularly necessary entry from what people are talking about.

It is thematically necessary... because I need it in my life. :D

Highly doubt they’re going to age them in Part III at this point though (if it even happens), it’s like Simpsons.

Bacon wrote:
June 17th, 2018, 9:30 pm
For all the fuss Brad Bird made about only making a sequel when he had a story that "had to be told," this doesn't appear to be a particularly necessary entry from what people are talking about.
Why don't you actually watch it first?

Can't wait for Incredibles 3 in 2032!

I need an Edna babysitting Jack-Jack animated short in my life.

Going today and starting to feel the excitement.

One hour to go. I’ve waited 14 years and it’s finally come to me.

Written and directed by Brad Bird, I say damn. Auteur right there.

For those who have seen this film: how much of Ayn Rand's philosophy would you say is in this? I heard a lot of people have read the first film to be somewhat of an objectivist piece of filmmaking.

Batfan175 wrote:
June 21st, 2018, 4:59 pm
For those who have seen this film: how much of Ayn Rand's philosophy would you say is in this? I heard a lot of people have read the first film to be somewhat of an objectivist piece of filmmaking.
If you read it like that, sure.

Second one is different from the get-go because Elastigirl is at the center so it’s more Girl Power and Modern Dads story than anything substantially objectivist. It also deals with the impact of modern media on our society and our obsession with superheroes. If the first one idealized superheroes (then played with the Watchmen aspects), the second one expands on the concept and criticizes idealizing, heavily. And, thankfully, goes back to the core, the heart of the story.

I gotta say, this is probably Pixar’s best in years for me. I heavily recommend rewatching the first one before this, the difference in color grading, world and texture details, overall scope, is just astonishing.