The Incredibles 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
BlairCo wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 10:21 pm
I guess I'm kind of excited for this now after hearing the reactions.
Same.

Edit: 10th posted
rjones1325 wrote:
June 12th, 2018, 8:23 am
We have been anticipating this sequel since 2004. As a matter of fact, “The Incredibles” became the ONLY Pixar sequel people had been actively asking for. All we wanted was an “Incredibles 2”. Now after 14 years, it’s finally time to dust off that super suit, suit up, and swing into action.

If you think that “Incredibles 2” is a deep emotional story that continues the issues of family such as Mr. Incredible going through another variation of a mid life crisis, then you are dead wrong because “Incredibles 2” is a C O M E D Y. It still has the engaging action sequences, but at the core, this movie is a comedy; it may be the best comedy of 2018 so far. I was dying of laughter here more than I did in “Deadpool 2” in points where I could barely even catch my breath.

FULL REVIEW: https://www.rendyreviews.com/movies//in ... s-2-review

If you’re questioning whether to watch a sequel to one of the best animated movies post 2000, and from the same team, that’s been getting positive reviews, don’t watch it.

Just watched the first one again. Fell in love with it all over again. Brilliant script.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
June 13th, 2018, 7:52 am
Just watched the first one again. Fell in love with it all over again. Brilliant script.
Did the same two days ago. Immediately watched the trailer for the second one. Teared up. It’s truly impecable to a point where I can’t think of a single minus.

I re-watched the first one last week. Its among my favourite Pixar films. I almost cried when my daughter asked me to watch it with her, lol.

95%, average 7.9/10 currently on rotten:
Critics Consensus: Incredibles 2 reunites Pixar's family crimefighting team for a long-awaited follow-up that may not quite live up to the original, but comes close enough to earn its name.
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/incredibles_2/

That's pretty much it. A very good film that only suffers by being a sequel to one of the great films of the 2000s.

Bird spins a lot of plates here, but I was surprised at how, well, adult much of it was. How many children's film have "conflated" in a line of dialogue? Weirdly I also thought the film hearkened back to Bond, but not 60s Bond but rather Skyfall in particular. Maybe that's just me.

Conflated, you say? Oh boy, I’m still coming to terms with the fact that my first cinema experience with this is going to be in Croatian dub. I wonder how they’re
going to lessen the experience now... But waiting for a blu-ray is also not an option.

Fucking distributor monopoly and lazy parents and their lazy children who still cannot properly read.

Are you seriously expecting a small child to be able to read fast enough to be able to comprehend it and follow the plot at the same time? It’s a goddamn kid. If they’re not (yet) bilingual, you can’t just force a foreign language upon them like that.

Kids deserve to see movies too, if they want. And they deserve just as immersive experience, as you think you deserve.

Normally distributors would release a dubbed version and leave out a few screenings in the film’s original language as well. If that doesn’t happen anymore or not as much as one would want, it means people in general aren’t too interested. And distributors in general just don’t like doing anything that doesn’t bring in money

Heard some countries like Germany dub ALL movies. Now that’s just... weird