The Incredibles 2 (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
From D23: this takes place immediately after the events of the first movie.

SilverHeart wrote:From D23: this takes place immediately after the events of the first movie.
Not sure how I feel about this.

Bacon wrote:
SilverHeart wrote:From D23: this takes place immediately after the events of the first movie.
Not sure how I feel about this.
Yeah, I know exactly how I feel about it: another safe sequel for PIXAR. Everyone expected to see how Jack Jack looks now that he's grown up... but wait a minute, he's the same, they haven't moved on at all. Sucks, until proven otherwise, even with Bird on board. Sure, one could say how Monster University played against the expectations by going backwards in time but the final product was far from the quality of the original.

It's a waiting game now.

It could very well start inmediately after the end of the first movie and then jump years ahead, I mean, that's basically what the first movie did.

That's what they're doing, but the jump isn't that big. Models are almost the same. One thing makes me excited though - Elastigirl is main character this time round.

m4st4 wrote:That's what they're doing, but the jump isn't that big. Models are almost the same. One thing makes me excited though - Elastigirl is main character this time round.
I feel like she already was for like more than half of the first film.

She was. My favorite character too.

Why not set the sequel 20 years into the future (I know the answer: $$$)? I'd like to see a family in an animated film where everyone is an adult and their thoughts and outlook have changed significantly because that might imply some progression for the characters.

For once I agree with you but won't complain more since at least we're getting this and there's a slim chance it's Toy Story 3, rather than Dory. Wouldn't mind a Cars 3/Monsters University sized package at all.