Captain America: Civil War (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'm done with Bucky's storyline. Same boring thing over and over :facepalm:

could have done with less shaky cam, but damn the Russos really know how to do action well
Vader182 wrote:the guys all are demanding I get dinner with them at some local brewery then head out to see this in IMAX so I guess I'm going tonight at 10:30

don't really want to go tbh but it'll get my mind off of things

-Vader
enjoy it! :twothumbsup:

Bullet points after second viewing

-Russos are the best action directors after Greengrass in Hollywood right now. There was not the surprise of Winter Soldier, but it was awesome throughout
-I didn't have really an opinion on Zemo the first time. Subtle villain, but a great one. And Bruhl is terrific
-The Airport scene is a fucking dream and it's perfectly placed in the film. It wouldn't have worked as the climax
-TBH, Holland was fun, but I'm not ready to say he's the definitive Spidey and I don't think the film would be any less good without him. The early reports of him ''stealing the film'' were soooo exaggerated
-Bucky/Steve is the heart of this film and this is why it's a Cap film, not an Avengers one. To me this is the best stuff in the MCU so far.
-Robert Downey Jr. is incredible in this. Gives a totally new side to Tony Stark and makes it really credible. In Ultron, his tortured/darker turn didn't work really well for me. For some reason, he knocked it out of the park this time.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Bullet points after second viewing

-Russos are the best action directors after Greengrass in Hollywood right now. There was not the surprise of Winter Soldier, but it was awesome throughout
-I didn't have really an opinion on Zemo the first time. Subtle villain, but a great one. And Bruhl is terrific
-The Airport scene is a fucking dream and it's perfectly placed in the film. It wouldn't have worked as the climax
-TBH, Holland was fun, but I'm not ready to say he's the definitive Spidey and I don't think the film would be any less good without him. The early reports of him ''stealing the film'' were soooo exaggerated
-Bucky/Steve is the heart of this film and this is why it's a Cap film, not an Avengers one. To me this is the best stuff in the MCU so far.
-Robert Downey Jr. is incredible in this. Gives a totally new side to Tony Stark and makes it really credible. In Ultron, his tortured/darker turn didn't work really well for me. For some reason, he knocked it out of the park this time.
Anyone who says Holland is the "definitive" Spidey based on this brief appearance is a flavor of the week moron.

8/10. The movie had everything that made Winter Solider great, only magnified to massive proportions. The definition of 'bigger and better'.

How were Stan and Bettany in this?£

They're both good, Stan in particular. Everyone plays their part well but the two standouts are RDJ and Boseman.

It's RDJ's finest turn as Stark.

Okay I just got back and wow.

NFometer: 95%
Based on the Ratings of 20 Members
Average Score: (8.1/10)

Positive

Now Where Was I ? (9/10)
nowseed (9/10)
xWhereAmI? (9/10)*
Allstar (8.8/10)
Nauta (8.5/10)
sander121 (8.5/10)