Batman: Arkham Knight (PC/PS4/XB1)

A place to discuss music and video games.
Oh my god, what have I done? Haha. Alright, here we go...
Michaelf2225 wrote: Not sure if trolling or...
I'm not sure what's so unbelievable about my opinion. The story in City is legitimately awful, and the gameplay has some superficial improvements that really don't amount to anything.
Havoc1st wrote: What's so bad about City's gameplay?

I Never played City before.
The combat is a mess, and the stealth is practically broken by the open air nature of the scenarios. Knight does a lot to fix the latter.
SilverHeart wrote:Are you serious? Asylum is definitely not as good as city. At the very least not in regards to the boss fights.
Yes guys, I'm serious... boss fights are honestly the only real improvement I found from Asylum to City. Otherwise, the story isn't even remotely as solid because of the shoehorning of every villain and their mother into the events, and much of what transpires is just kind of stupid, i.e.
Hugo Strange was marketed as the main villain, and then he's dropped for Ra's Al Ghul. ALSO, Protocol 10 (and 11, ugh...) is literally just "let's blow everybody up," which is a complete disappointment after all the intrigue that's built up around it in the story.
And like I said about the gameplay, all the improvements are superficial ("Oh my god, more moves!"). The gliding and dive bomb stuff is great, but isn't really that useful since the city isn't actually that large, and the combat is convoluted as hell. Plus they just straight up fucking broke the stealth in some ways.
ChristNolan wrote: Seems you misunderstood what I was getting at with that. That's okay, I'll lend you a break.
Sigh. Alright man, what were you getting at?

And the snark isn't really making me feel inclined to respond to you in a serious, thoughtful manner. Meaning I kind of just want to tell you to fuck off, but I'd rather be nicer than that, lol.

Jesus fuck, I feel like Batfan. Will anyone even give enough of a fuck to read all of this? :lol:

EDIT:

Felt like adding this because it made me laugh, and I'm inclined to agree. My friend Raganork8 had this to say:
If one doesn't accept City as the worst installment in the Arkham series then they don't have a respect for the written word or story structure.
Ouch.

slimshady247 wrote:Oh my god, what have I done? Haha. Alright, here we go...
Michaelf2225 wrote: Not sure if trolling or...
I'm not sure what's so unbelievable about my opinion. The story in City is legitimately awful, and the gameplay has some superficial improvements that really don't amount to anything.
Havoc1st wrote: What's so bad about City's gameplay?

I Never played City before.
The combat is a mess, and the stealth is practically broken by the open air nature of the scenarios. Knight does a lot to fix the latter.
SilverHeart wrote:Are you serious? Asylum is definitely not as good as city. At the very least not in regards to the boss fights.
Yes guys, I'm serious... boss fights are honestly the only real improvement I found from Asylum to City. Otherwise, the story isn't even remotely as solid because of the shoehorning of every villain and their mother into the events, and much of what transpires is just kind of stupid, i.e.
Hugo Strange was marketed as the main villain, and then he's dropped for Ra's Al Ghul. ALSO, Protocol 10 (and 11, ugh...) is literally just "let's blow everybody up," which is a complete disappointment after all the intrigue that's built up around it in the story.
And like I said about the gameplay, all the improvements are superficial ("Oh my god, more moves!"). The gliding and dive bomb stuff is great, but isn't really that useful since the city isn't actually that large, and the combat is convoluted as hell. Plus they just straight up fucking broke the stealth in some ways.
ChristNolan wrote: Seems you misunderstood what I was getting at with that. That's okay, I'll lend you a break.
Sigh. Alright man, what were you getting at?

And the snark isn't really making me feel inclined to respond to you in a serious, thoughtful manner. Meaning I kind of just want to tell you to fuck off, but I'd rather be nicer than that, lol.

Jesus fuck, I feel like Batfan. Will anyone even give enough of a fuck to read all of this? :lol:

EDIT:

Felt like adding this because it made me laugh, and I'm inclined to agree. My friend Raganork8 had this to say:
If one doesn't accept City as the worst installment in the Arkham series then they don't have a respect for the written word or story structure.
Ouch.
disagree.

Snob.

And City's story was 100x better than Knight's messy story.

I bought City but I have yet to install it, so this is all amazingly validating my purchase and making me look forward to it even more.

Hmmm, i might get AC instead of AK at the end of this year... If Current gen consoles aren't at a good price.

I just got the PS4 Arkham Bundle after trading in my PS3 and this game is pretty sick.
Dialogue isn't great but I am loving this game. My favorite part is, and this is probably because of the current gen kind of software, how random things happen without the system glitching (if that makes sense). Example, if something scary was about to happen in the game and it's during gameplay, the system would freeze before it happens so it kinda takes away the anticipation. Here, it's all seamless gameplay to theatrics and back, I love it.

4N Legend wrote:I just got the PS4 Arkham Bundle after trading in my PS3 and this game is pretty sick.
Dialogue isn't great but I am loving this game. My favorite part is, and this is probably because of the current gen kind of software, how random things happen without the system glitching (if that makes sense). Example, if something scary was about to happen in the game and it's during gameplay, the system would freeze before it happens so it kinda takes away the anticipation. Here, it's all seamless gameplay to theatrics and back, I love it.
Oh yeah, the seamlessness of it all is perfect. Especially
when you meet Man-Bat and all those Joker appearances.

darthnazgul wrote:
4N Legend wrote:I just got the PS4 Arkham Bundle after trading in my PS3 and this game is pretty sick.
Oh yeah, the seamlessness of it all is perfect. Especially
when you meet Man-Bat and all those Joker appearances.
YES!
The first Joker and the Man-Bat scene were absolutely amazing