Halo (TBA) (Ridley Scott Producer)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Meh I would be more interested if this was a MGS live action movie.

Blomkamp still wants to do it last I heard, so that could happen.

I do hope Scott is familiar with Blomkamp's work. And also, if Blomkamp finishes Chappie in time, then that would be a perfect slot.

darthnazgul wrote:I'm more interested in who is writing the screenplay, and which story they're going with. The series can be meh to decent for most of the stories in the universe, with a few exceptions.
I'm up to see the story of the Spartans-II and the first contact with the Covenant, but not a retelling of the first game like Halo: The Flood was
Or Halo 2 and 3 just for the sake of seeing the Sangheilis allied with the humans

Series to be titled "Halo: Nightfall"

Halo is a great series of games, but I feel that there is one big problem with bringing it to the screen. The Master Chief has too much power. That's what makes the game really good, because you are this power. In a movie, you can't really feel the power of MC, unless you make the MC appear like halfway or even later in the movie to save the day. That means as a narrative form, you are not following MC at all, even though the Master Chief is what makes Halo so good.

It might not focus on Master Chief. ODST wasn't.