Let's talk about...[Insert film/person]

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
darthnazgul wrote:
Let's talk about... (anyone movie related but Kevin)
Was that a bump or a ''really.gif''?

m4st4 wrote:
darthnazgul wrote:
Let's talk about... (anyone movie related but Kevin)
Was that a bump or a ''really.gif''?
Just wanted to make a pun. Would it count as a pun? I dunno. Any who...

I'm gonna start watching Martin Scorcese films soon. I'd prefer to watch them in order, but any of his work particularly a must see?

Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Depahted, Hugo, Wolf. Start there. I always advise seeing the classics from many directors than mining an expansive filmography of one.

-Vader

Add in Shutter Island.

Durden wrote:Add in Shutter Island.
It's not essential Scorsese, though. Each of those films reflect a different era/style for him. Shutter Island's a one-off ode to Hitchcock.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
Durden wrote:Add in Shutter Island.
It's not essential Scorsese, though. Each of those films reflect a different era/style for him. Shutter Island's a one-off ode to Hitchcock.

-Vader
It may not show his versatility as a film maker, but I still consider it much stronger film than Hugo. I would suggest it to anyone eager to see his filmography.

I love this movie.

von Trier? Not my favorite director. Though like Refn said‚ I admit he is indeed a force of nature. Dogville was the real deal.£

Originally posted in the 'color' thread but I decided it belongs here.

I think Shane Carruth may have the best movie names ever.

Primer
A Topiary
Upstream Color
The Modern Ocean

Like seriously, they're amazing.

I think the name of the film secretly plays a part in how it's recieved. Movie names are serious business, I remember how sour everyone was when Cogan's Trade changed to Killing Them Softly but when I watched the film I realised why the change was needed.

A random selection of cool movie names, maybe not even the best titles but ones I like off the top of my head:
Mulholland Dr.
Chinatown
The Big Lebowski
Punch-Drunk Love
Spirited Away

Movie titles are important and cool and can make an important statement on the film's identity. That's why it can be confusing if a film is oddly titled like 'Sansho the Bailiff', I know it's based on a folk story and Mizoguchi wanted to focus on the character of Sansho but the title isn't entirely apt.

So, movie titles. Also, Shane Carruth is good at this naming game.

jibran wrote:Originally posted in the 'color' thread but I decided it belongs here.

I think Shane Carruth may have the best movie names ever.

Primer
A Topiary
Upstream Color
The Modern Ocean

Like seriously, they're amazing.

I think the name of the film secretly plays a part in how it's recieved. Movie names are serious business, I remember how sour everyone was when Cogan's Trade changed to Killing Them Softly but when I watched the film I realised why the change was needed.

A random selection of cool movie names, maybe not even the best titles but ones I like off the top of my head:
Mulholland Dr.
Chinatown
The Big Lebowski
Punch-Drunk Love
Spirited Away

Movie titles are important and cool and can make an important statement on the film's identity. That's why it can be confusing if a film is oddly titled like 'Sansho the Bailiff', I know it's based on a folk story and Mizoguchi wanted to focus on the character of Sansho but the title isn't entirely apt.

So, movie titles. Also, Shane Carruth is good at this naming game.
You're forgetting the badass title "There Will Be Blood"