The Netflix Club

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The thing about HBOMax is this: Are you going to watch all that stuff? Will you try to watch everything they have?

Do you regularly watch TNT or TBS as it is? Do you watch anime regularly to justify Crunchyroll? I feel like with HBOMax, it's an overwhelming amount of content and if I had the service I just won't watch most of it. I know I'll watch HBO and their movie backlog and some of the animated DC shows, but everything else I really don't need.

Also this reminds me: I do have DC Universe and I signed up for it to watch BTAS but I haven't touched it for over 3 months. I should disconnect that.

Artemis wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 9:50 am
The thing about HBOMax is this: Are you going to watch all that stuff? Will you try to watch everything they have?

Do you regularly watch TNT or TBS as it is? Do you watch anime regularly to justify Crunchyroll? I feel like with HBOMax, it's an overwhelming amount of content and if I had the service I just won't watch most of it. I know I'll watch HBO and their movie backlog and some of the animated DC shows, but everything else I really don't need.

Also this reminds me: I do have DC Universe and I signed up for it to watch BTAS but I haven't touched it for over 3 months. I should disconnect that.
And the answer to your question's are no. At least I don't. I hardly ever turn on TBS or TNT. I'm not into anime at all and I don't currently have HBO. This will likely be something that I subscribed to, watch the few show's I'd like to see and then cancel it.

I hope streaming doesn't start going the way of contracts. They lock you in for 6 months to a year so that you don't activate and deactivate on and off.

Would be nice if HBOMax can let you choose what channels you want to see content from. One pitfall of cable is that they wouldn't let you choose what channels you wanted or didn't want. You had to get the whole package.

Artemis wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 7:03 pm
We will never get another Roma again. Right?
Welp we just got a black and white Fincher film announced so... lol
Last edited by Allstar on July 10th, 2019, 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Netflix ripping off their own movies :P

I'm glad to hear that though. I'm excited. I hope it gets a theater release near me. The only Netflix film I saw in theaters was Roma. None of their other originals were released near me for some reason.

Ace

Still think Evans looks better with beard.

Saw Secret Obsession with the gf and it was pretty bad.

Stupid horror cliches and plotholes. Mike Vogel was decent but Brenda Song and Denis Haysbert were badly miscast.

Sometimes it feels like Netflix comes out with stuff made by aliens studying human entertainment, or as if they're AI generated.

did Vogel came pretty near to landing the Captain America role? or was that bs