Sandman (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joseph Gordon-Levitt Eyeing ‘Sandman’ As Director And Star, Producing With David Goyer At Warner Bros
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is finalizing a deal to produce Sandman at Warner Bros with David Goyer, who pitch his treatment for the Neil Gaiman comic book classic. It has been rumored that Gordon-Levitt might star, and the deal he’s making attaches him as the protagonist. I’m told that in addition to that, he’s eyeing the project as a directing vehicle. Gordon-Levitt made his feature directorial debut on the well received Sundance pic Don Jon, but this would be a considerable step up in scope and scale. They will hire a writer shortly.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/joseph- ... um=twitter

Should be a masterpiece.

Allstar wrote:Should be a masterpiece.
Doubt it.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Allstar wrote:Should be a masterpiece.
Doubt it.

:blank:

Forum Pro
Law
lmao!

Uh, who in the hell thought this would be a good idea?

Hate to say it, but the Dark Knight trilogy seems to be destroying everything in its wake. Inadvertantly anyway. WB just can't seem to move on.

Oh and i totally called that WB's panicked, post-Nolan half-assery would eventually spill over into Vertigo. I honestly don't care much what they do with their DC universe at this point, but there are several Vertigo properties that i wish were in someone elses hands right about now. Oh well.

No offense to JGL, who did a competent job on DJ. Don't blame him for taking the gig. How Goyer became the head writer for all things DC is completely ****ing beyond me though. The guy's track record (on Non-Nolan projects) is pretty abysmal.

Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on December 16th, 2013, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Pro
Law
This might be the worst idea since spray on hair

Law wrote:This might be the worst idea since spray on hair
You probably know nothing about the source material so maybe you should stop trolling and grow up.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Joseph Gordon-Levitt Eyeing ...
I'm out.