Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
A Venom movie sounds very interesting but also could be a dumb-ass idea if they screw this character up again. Venom and Carnage will always be my favorite Spidey villains. Probably due to me being born in the late 80s. They were just god-like for me growing up. Raimi fucked Eddie Brock up, and now i dont see how the story could work without Peter. But if they surprise me then it could be extremely different (doubt it).

Will Sinister Six be the 3rd Spidey? Or is this seperate from Spider-Man?

I enjoy these Marc Webb, Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone movies they got going...but i still don't feel like ive seen the Spider-Man story ive always wanted to see since i was a kid. So im hoping they do Sinister Six/Amazing Spider-Man 3/4...then continue the universe. But recast Garfield, change up directors, and give us a true Venom/Carnage/Spidey double-whammy (yep, 2 movies) without all this Oscorp-Osborn shit. Have the character be in his early 20s. Working at Daily Bugle. Mary Jane. All that good stuff.

"There's no such thing as just a villain," Matt Tolmach told IGN Movies in a recent interview. "There are villains by virtue of choices that people make but they always begin as humans, as characters. As flawed people; as tragic people. You know great movies have been made about a bunch of bad guys who get together to do something. Those are sometimes the greatest characters to watch. A bunch of broken people coming together for whatever reason."

Meanwhile, Avi Arad’s vision for this version of the Sinister Six sounds even more peculiar, as he seemed to be under the impression that audiences will enjoy seeing the likes of Green Goblin and Rhino find redemption than they would be seeing them take on Spider-Man. "As long as there's that one thing in common: they'll hate Spider-Man. They'll hate him because he's so different from them. But then, you know when you sit by yourself somewhere and you think about it, they all had a different life at one time and that's what's so beautiful about the Spider-Man universe. They have amazing stories if you look at it. And everybody's looking for redemption; they're unforgiven. Would you see one of the Sinister Six starting to feel like that? Yes. And people love it, by the way. They love when a villain finds his way back because we're all very forgiving."
I actually like this idea.

http://screenrant.com/sinister-six-movie-roster/
Probably Sinister Six roster revealed through shazaming a certain song in the credits.

Probable list:
Green Goblin
Doc Ock
Kraven
Rhino
Vulture
Black Cat/Chameleon (not sure it's like a masquerade mask)

They should just stop.

Seems iffy at best but I'm still rooting for Goddard to pull something moderately subversive and fun out of a questionable premise.

i'm actually really interested in the Sinister Six one. I mean, Venom has had points where he's kind of a quasi-anti-hero, so I can see a solo of him making sense, but the Sinister Six have always been straight-up villains. They're not like the Thunderbolts or the Guardians of the Galaxy who are supervillains/criminals trying to redeem themselves, the Sinister Six are flat out evil bad guys who want to kill Spider-Man. It's like making Justice League movie where Darkseid is the lead.