Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Forum Pro
Law
Vader182 wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 2:17 am
Allstar wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 2:11 am
Vader182 wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 11:35 pm
Scheduling demands meant I can't see this until tomorrow but I'm super hyped. Glad many here are liking it. Keegan saw it yesterday and loved it.

-Vader
Why doesn’t Keegan post anymore?
he's busy driving DP's nuts at chapman's directing MFA program

but

honestly even if he wasn't I don't think he'd post much

-Vader
why do we still post :/

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
December 16th, 2018, 2:11 am
Vader182 wrote:
December 15th, 2018, 11:35 pm
Scheduling demands meant I can't see this until tomorrow but I'm super hyped. Glad many here are liking it. Keegan saw it yesterday and loved it.

-Vader
Why doesn’t Keegan post anymore?
I was blackmailed by the mods. I've done things.

other than issues with some of its animation choices, this is a nonstop, totally original, rejuvinating thrill. Superheroes haven't felt this genuinely fresh and new in many years.

Instead of competing with the style or stories of 500 other superhero movies, it boldly breaks new ground in just about every way it can, while also totally nailing the soul and purpose of spider-man as a character and weaves an empowering tale on the importance of community to boot.

beware some of the hyperbole around it, but it's really really great.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 2:51 am
other than issues with some of its animation choices, this is a nonstop, totally original, rejuvinating thrill. Superheroes haven't felt this genuinely fresh and new in many years.

Instead of competing with the style or stories of 500 other superhero movies, it boldly breaks new ground in just about every way it can, while also totally nailing the soul and purpose of spider-man as a character and weaves an empowering tale on the importance of community to boot.

-Vader

It’s Incredibles level of instantly great, but I’ve also seen ‘2001 of animation’. Lol.🕷️

Vader182 wrote:
December 17th, 2018, 2:51 am

-Vader
Gonna see it soon but found your comment on the animation interesting. From the trailers I remember some parts looking kind of cheap? I mean the reviews seem to say that is completely inaccurate for the most part.

the old comic book look actually hurt my eyes for the first half hour to the point where i thought that we were watching a 3d movie without glasses

the red/blue double images kinda sucked imo

Far from cheap. My only real issue is not the animation but more about design choices for Goblin and Kingpin (trailer ‘spoilers’). All the superheroes are pitch perfect, torn from the pages, especially Gwen. You’ll even get a glimpse of her Robbi Rodriguez-esque world.🕷️

Goblin's not too bad considering it being rooted in the Ultimate design.

And the animation never made my head hurt or bothered me. Not getting the complaint but to each their own.