World War Z 2

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If it's with B-Pitty again, I'm in, the first one was awesome.

June 9, 2017

fuck this fucking shit, the first movie was an insult to the genre and even more so to the book, which is excellent. good thing the author said all they had in common was the title, because the first movie was utter garbage with nothing to save from it, and the second one will sure as hell be the fucking same

SomeFrenchToast wrote:fuck this fucking shit, the first movie was an insult to the genre and even more so to the book, which is excellent. good thing the author said all they had in common was the title, because the first movie was utter garbage with nothing to save from it, and the second one will sure as hell be the fucking same
Wow... Intense much?

Dunno, I actually really enjoy Z. World War, that is. Not Costa Gravras.

-Vader

World War Z was not as bad as it could have ended up. Plus, it had Peter Capaldi as the W.H.O Doctor before he became Doctor Who.

Speaking of Peter Calpaldi; he was underused in WWZ.

Anyway, about sequel- i'll watch it even though the first one was seriously meh.

Vader182 wrote:Dunno, I actually really enjoy Z. World War, that is. Not Costa Gravras.

-Vader
Shame on you. I have no jokes for this.

BlairCo wrote:
SomeFrenchToast wrote:fuck this fucking shit, the first movie was an insult to the genre and even more so to the book, which is excellent. good thing the author said all they had in common was the title, because the first movie was utter garbage with nothing to save from it, and the second one will sure as hell be the fucking same
Wow... Intense much?
Considering the novel is one of my favorite books and how much this blockbuster nonsense literally pissed on the genius of it, pretty much, yeah

Brad Pitt ‘World War Z’ Sequel Loses Director Juan Antonio Bayona
This is just happening, and here is what I know. Juan Antonio Bayona has just exited as director of the sequel to World War Z, the film that Paramount and Plan B are readying for a summer start with Brad Pitt reprising his lead role as the man who fights the zombie apocalypse. The studio and Plan B have a script by Steven Knight that Dennis Kelly rewrote. Bayona’s abrupt exit is being attributed to timing. The studio is determined to get this picture in production for June 9, 2017 and Bayona felt he needed more time because he has commitments on the film he just shot, A Monster Calls. Skydance is co-financing with Paramount. The studio confirmed this, with this statement: “Bayona is no longer able to make World War Z 2 this year, and it is our ambition to do so. He is a wonderful director and we hope to work with him soon.”

This immediately becomes one of the biggest Open Directing Assignments in town, maybe the biggest job this side of the Jurassic World sequel, for which Bayona will probably now find himself a prime candidate since that film has a looser timetable and is still awaiting a script. Bayona came out of Spain and hit Hollywood with the fright film The Orphanage, and followed that with the true tsunami survival tale The Impossible and most recently wrapped A Monster Calls with Felicity Jones, Liam Neeson, Sigourney Weaver and Toby Kebbell for Focus Features.

Paramount and Plan B are no strangers to adversity with this franchise. They essentially redrafted and shot a new and satisfying third act for the first film, an adaptation of the Max Brooks novel. It escalated the budget to around $200 million, but the film was a global hit that grossed around $540 million worldwide. It also led the sequel opportunity.