Netflix's Daredevil

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Episode 9:
Hallway Fight 3: Stab-in-the-dick Boogaloo

I also did not expect to have Wilson Fisk back this soon or in this big a role.

Vader182 wrote:Daredevil needs to go on weight watchers. Everything needs to be trimmed down. Half the scenes go on for too long. If episodes 1-4 (what I've seen) were all considerably shorter the overall quality of the show would skyrocket, since what works really, really works. But there's a lot of starring at screen as nothing's happening.

-Vader
I had the exact same feeling about Better call Saul. Still haven't seen Daredevil.

darthnazgul wrote:Episode 9:
Hallway Fight 3: Stab-in-the-dick Boogaloo

I also did not expect to have Wilson Fisk back this soon or in this big a role.
I think he might end up being
the villain in Defenders. Or at least a major player. He himself might not be much of a physical threat against someone like say Luke Cage, but he has the resources to buy people that could.

I liked this season overall, but I wonder if they perhaps overdid things, by bringing so many new characters and factions into play.
And how did Stick become the leader of the Chaste? Didn't he meet the leader in an episode of Season 1?

That other dude was Stone I think, and I don't recall it being said in Season 1 that he was the leader

I'm only on episode 4 or something, of season 1. Other than some cool fights, I'm not really looking forward to watching the rest. But I want to see Kingpin and eventually Punisher.

Few episodes into the new season.

The drama remains really inconsistent, like season 1. At times it's well-done, and matches the brutal violence and dark theme. There are other times when it feels like a weekday afternoon soap opera. I think it's because the whole dynamic between Murdoch, Foggy, and Karen feels really amateurish in comparison to everything else. It's almost too lighthearted when the 3 of them are on screen together. Especially this almost childish "will they/won't they" thing between Murdoch and Karen, which comes across as hamfisted more than anything.

Everything else is pretty great though.

Bernthal is a great addition and I'm looking forward to the inevitable Punisher (prequel?) series.

Cilogy wrote:Few episodes into the new season.

The drama remains really inconsistent, like season 1. At times it's well-done, and matches the brutal violence and dark theme. There are other times when it feels like a weekday afternoon soap opera. I think it's because the whole dynamic between Murdoch, Foggy, and Karen feels really amateurish in comparison to everything else. It's almost too lighthearted when the 3 of them are on screen together. Especially this almost childish "will they/won't they" thing between Murdoch and Karen, which comes across as hamfisted more than anything.

Everything else is pretty great though.

Bernthal is a great addition and I'm looking forward to the inevitable Punisher (prequel?) series.
This.

They all but officially announced Punisher. I expect the spinoff announcement will come when Season 3 is officially renewed (though it probably won't be for 2017 because I think Defenders will come right after Iron Fist).

In the finale they even
namedrop Micro.

This season is fucking amazing.
Deborah Ann Woll is great this time.