The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Great script, just finished it...

so basically it's
Reservoir Dogs
in a western setting, wasn't expecting this scope at all. I love it all, a lot of great characters Roth/Madsen's characters were my favorites and SLJ has what can be called the lead, he isn't as memorable as his other QT roles, but he's interesting.

Only gripe is with the last chapter
I can't say it is a bad ending, but with QT it has become so predictable...everyone shoot everyone, I was sure it wasw going to end like this the second I read some tension between the characters in Minnie's haberdashery

Just finished last night as well. I loved it, so polished for a first draft. I understand why QT is very upset but I think he should of gave more time to think about this before making a drastic over emotional decision. I agree with your points regarding the last chapter but
how else could this one end?
I honestly think this is the best role he's ever written for SLJ, also not convinced he wrote a role for Waltz here but am convinced Daisy was written for Uma in mind.
Last edited by Allstar on January 25th, 2014, 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reading the impressions from this topic (not the spoilers) it sorta sounds a return to...Reservoir Dogs ?

Lionheart wrote:Reading the impressions from this topic (not the spoilers) it sorta sounds a return to...Reservoir Dogs ?
Very much so. The tension starts early on and it does not let go. You really are guessing about these characters motives throughout. Which really sets this apart from Django, very different films here.

Oh dang it, can someone PM me the script, please?

Edit: thanks allstar

Here's how I'd cast it-

The Eight-

John Ruth- Michael Madsen
Major Marquis Warren- Samuel L. Jackson
Daisy Dermogue- Uma Thurman
Chris Mannix- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
General Sanders- Bruce Dern (Charles Dance would be genius though)
Bob- Vincent Cassel
Oswaldo Mobray- Tim Roth
Joe Gage- Matthew McConaughey

Others-

Jody- Joel Edgerton
O.B.- Jerome Flynn

Allstar wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Reading the impressions from this topic (not the spoilers) it sorta sounds a return to...Reservoir Dogs ?
Very much so. The tension starts early on and it does not let go. You really are guessing about these characters motives throughout. Which really sets this apart from Django, very different films here.

I actually expected (when announced ) this would be a sort of grandiose western , alas big vista , big landscapes , but it sorta sounds the other way around :D . But i definitely love that idea of building up tension in a more confined space , surrounded by very intriguing characters.

From what i read of the script so far...it seems like it's a mix between Django and Reservoir. Id like to see this on screen just because there are obvious roles for Madsen, Sam Jackson, Tim Roth, etc. But i just dont know. I feel like, from what ive read, it's just the same old thing ive seen already. Especially from Quentin. Im kinda happy that he may not film this and move onto another genre.

11072014 wrote:
FreakLikeMe wrote:Could someone please PM me a copy of the script or contact me about email information if it's necessary to send me the pdf file? I can't wait to read this script and from what I hear about it, I'm pretty bummed we won't get to see the actual thing.
no
That's okay there were a few people nice enough to share the script with me so I've obtained it. Thanks though!

Can someone PM me the script as well, please? :angel: