The Hateful Eight (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:This'll probably be a proper "Western," cuz Django was techanically a "Southern"
Nuh-uh.
If the film's about John Brown, it'll most likely be about his raid on Harpers Ferry in West Virginia, so it would be a "Northeastern". I bet you're failing APUSH.

I'll always be there first day for a Tarantino film but I would have preferred a new genre (medieval, 1930s gangsters, etc.) or a return to the RD/PF modern gangster movies
I hope this one will be closer to a real spaghetti western and hopefully won't have revenge as the main theme

okay

inb4djangounchained2

I'm a bit disappointed. Ill be there opening weekend and it's cool that he's doing a real western. Maybe he's done trying to "rewrite history" in a fun/violent way. Im a little tired of his "revenge" plots even though i enjoy it. I was just looking forward to him doing something modern in the streets of LA or something. Something more "90s QT".

I bet he only does like 2 more films after this one. I wouldnt mind him doing a 1930s gangster movie or a horror/comedy. But i REALLY want to see the return to the Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown modern-crime story. With all his quirks.

11072014 wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:This'll probably be a proper "Western," cuz Django was techanically a "Southern"
Nuh-uh.
If the film's about John Brown, it'll most likely be about his raid on Harpers Ferry in West Virginia, so it would be a "Northeastern". I bet you're failing APUSH.
And who said its about that..

shauner111 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed. Ill be there opening weekend and it's cool that he's doing a real western. Maybe he's done trying to "rewrite history" in a fun/violent way. Im a little tired of his "revenge" plots even though i enjoy it. I was just looking forward to him doing something modern in the streets of LA or something. Something more "90s QT".

I bet he only does like 2 more films after this one. I wouldnt mind him doing a 1930s gangster movie or a horror/comedy. But i REALLY want to see the return to the Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown modern-crime story. With all his quirks.
I agree with everything you said

BlairCo wrote:I wonder if he'll get DiCaprio back.
Didn't diCaprio and Tarantino have an argument when filming Django?

And these posts sum up my feelings:
shauner111 wrote:I'm a bit disappointed. Ill be there opening weekend and it's cool that he's doing a real western. Maybe he's done trying to "rewrite history" in a fun/violent way. Im a little tired of his "revenge" plots even though i enjoy it. I was just looking forward to him doing something modern in the streets of LA or something. Something more "90s QT".

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
Durden wrote:Would rather him do something else.....
+If this going to need 20 unnecessary minutes like Django, yeah, I pass.

Does it really surprise anyone that QT wants to do another western? It doesn't surprise me and I am all for it.... Maybe that is just cause I am a sucker for westerns though.

His British spy thriller starring Kate Winslet could have been interesting.

theseeker9175 wrote:Didn't diCaprio and Tarantino have an argument when filming Django?
No.