FIFA World Cup 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Even if you aren't really a soccer (or football if you will) fan its always fun to jump on the bandwagon and join in the hype of FIFA. So here is a thread dedicated to the tournament.

Do people in Canada care about football (yes, I said it)? Srsly

theseeker9175 wrote:Do people in Canada care about football (yes, I said it)? Srsly
nah, but as dodd said, bandwagon jumping!

theseeker9175 wrote:Do people in Canada care about football (yes, I said it)? Srsly
I don't know about the rest of Canada, but seeing as Toronto is the worlds #1 multicultural city tensions always run high during FIFA. And its tons of fun seeing how passionate people from different nationalities are about their team.

Except the loud mouth Portuguese fans :thumbdown:

I always root for England but we always suck so I haven't been having much fun, hopefully what we lack in youth we will make up in wisdom this year.

But yeah Hockey will always be king in Canada :lol:

Me as a hardcore football lover. So far the only thing I dislike from this version of WC is the head group teams....well...some of them like Switzerland, Colombia and Belgium!???? I mean.....what about Italy? England? Netherlands? (Netherlands will secure a head spot if Uruguay fail to qualify).....so this is why FIFA Ranking is shit!

Besides of that.......11 spots remaining to qualify to WC: 5 teams of Africa, 4 teams of Europe and 2 others fromthe intercontinental PlayOffs(Mexico vs New Zealand - Uruguay vs Jordan).

So....I'll be rooting for Brazil all the way. The HAVE to win their 6th title in their own home. Also I will make force for Colombia and Portugal if they survive Sweden and Ibrahimovic from the European PlayOff.

Dodd wrote:Even if you aren't really a soccer (or football if you will) fan its always fun to jump on the bandwagon and join in the hype of FIFA. So here is a thread dedicated to the tournament.

I am not really into soccer so there is no point in me jumping on the bandwagon if it was a real sport like hockey that would be a different story 8-) .

manofsteel1 wrote:if it was a real sport like hockey that would be a different story 8-) .
how is hockey a real sport?

RIFA wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:if it was a real sport like hockey that would be a different story 8-) .
how is hockey a real sport?
He's an idiot so don't pay any attention to him.

Algeria qualified for the World Cup yesterday and they remain to be the only Arab country to do so so for me it’s a given to support any Arab team. Viva l’Algerie

And Ronaldo in his beast mode.

Awful on Sweden's part, not a single of their players marking him.

Ronaldo will finally win the Ballon d'Or this year and deservedly so; the best player right around right now without a shadow of a doubt.