FIFA World Cup 2014

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mahiya_Borden wrote:Adidas is the biggest sponsor of this WC. Messi is the biggest star of Adidas. That's why they did it. He clearly didn't deserve it and he didn't give a shit about this award tbh.
Right, he wasn't better than half a dozen other players and worse than a few others. But whatever. Asked for the missed title as the best scorer, Müller said after the finale: "I don't give a f*cking damn. We are world champion. You can keep your f*cking Golden Shoe!" He said it as a joke, but I think he means it. Who cares about these awards? If they chose the right players it would be something different, but so it's all about marketing.

Dodd wrote:Now that WC is over all bandwagoners world wide can stop pretending they know about/watch football. See you all in 4 year :wave:
That would be my call!
I had fun this WC, I'll be pretending not to like football for two years and then cheer for Holland again in the European Championship!

Brasilians and their newspapers are pathetic. Couple days ago their team was raped in front of the whole world and in their own country and now they gloat over Argentina's defeat... :facepalm:

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Brasilians and their newspapers are pathetic. Couple days ago their team was raped in front of the whole world and in their own country and now they gloat over Argentina's defeat... :facepalm:
To be fair, Argentinians also mocked a lot Brazilians after the defeat against Germany, and they even composed a song (Decime qué se siente/Tell me what it feels)

Mahiya_Borden wrote:Brasilians and their newspapers are pathetic. Couple days ago their team was raped in front of the whole world and in their own country and now they gloat over Argentina's defeat... :facepalm:
Well to be fair Argentina did the same thing to them when they lost to Germany.

redfan wrote:but so it's all about marketing.
The problem is it wasn't and it shouldn't be. Now it's obvious it is... you're saying people should just "get over it" because "it's the way it is"?

With that attitude no wonder the world is fucked up right now.

RIFA wrote:
redfan wrote:but so it's all about marketing.
The problem is it wasn't and it shouldn't be. Now it's obvious it is... you're saying people should just "get over it" because "it's the way it is"?
Yes, because this award is totally unimportant. No one cares about it, so what? It's the same with the AMPAS awards, one can argue about it for weeks, but in the end, they're just pointless. I don't need to see Messi with the award to know who's the best player, I can judge this perfectly for myself. In the final, it was Schweinsteiger for me, in the tournament maybe Robben.

You're so off the point.
redfan wrote:Yes, because this award is totally unimportant.
If it's so talked about then obviously it isn't totally unimportant.

It's talked because of a serious reason. Something was exposed... and people have all the right to trigger an alarm.

RIFA wrote: If it's so talked about then obviously it isn't totally unimportant.
Well, then we should stop talking about it :D
Seriously, I can't give a single f* about it, maybe that's because we just won the Cup, and that's all that matters.

redfan wrote: Müller said after the finale: "I don't give a f*cking damn. We are world champion. You can keep your f*cking Golden Shoe!" He said it as a joke, but I think he means it.
There is some truth in that, but wow. That's pretty fucking rude, joke or not.
Argentines made LOTS of fun of Brasilians. There also was a tv show (I think) where they laughed their asses off at Neymar's injury, which isn't cool at all. It doesn't matter if they're joking or not, an injury isn't the best laugh material anyway.
redfan wrote:In the final, it was Schweinsteiger for me, in the tournament maybe Robben.
If any award belongs to Robben, it's not a ball nor a shoe, but an Oscar. Must've loved his top notch acting, I think he even admitted that himself lol. But then again, I never really liked him, so I don't care.